It's very quiet here!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouDoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
You know it's so quiet on the 2-stroke forum you can hear a pin drop. This is usually the time of year we get questions about winterizing. I wonder is something else has "Sparked" interest, hmmm very interesting.

So just to let you guys in the North and Canada we are still around to answer questions.

Lou

Haha I agree. My wife said you sure haven't been glued to Seadoo forum lately. I told its strangely quiet in the 2 stroke section. Then I showed her the spark. Bad idea, now she says we will have 2 as soon as they hit the market. She has already designed her pink one with a "chill shade", ibr, and graphics lol. Oh well at least it's not 20k

By the way, with the shade you can get a full enclosure made, like the one I have for my boat, so you can ride in the winter. I had to say that, I had posted something about my enclosure for my boat on another thread and some one made a statement about having one on a ski.

W is not until January, then by February you can ride again.

I like the way you think..

But sadly I am in Ohio... We are VERY lucky to get MAYBE 4 months of decent water time.

I press it a bit on both ends as I am a die hard...

I'm in the middle of tearing my 96 xp apart.
Was going to post a few pictures but now I'm torn between finishing it or possibly using the money for the Spark.

I like the attention this thing is getting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sheesh i spent months seeking out a ski to get in on the 2 stroke madness and shortly after i finally get one, every one leaves because of a spark!:( cool! more one on one help for me! lol!:thumbsup:

No joke, every person who has been in love with 2 strokes here are all seeming to jump aboard the 4 stroke board with the spark. It is crazy the hype this thing is getting!

yea its funny even Ive been reading a lot about the spark. no more fuss with 2 stroke oil, less tinkering, excellent fuel economy,and that split hull seems to be a great idea for ease of access to the mechanicals. but on the other hand i tend to prefer the sound of a 2 stroke.
so now that i own a gsx i'm going to give it a lot of love over the winter and be ready for next season.
it is truly about time that seadoo is going back to a light weight hull that could be thrown around like the good old days. i believe that is one of the main factors that kept the old 2 strokes alive.

I planned to pickup a 02 GTX 951 carb and rebuild it over the winter, but canceled when I saw the spark.

Who's going to pay $2600 for a 12 year old ski when a brand new one is $5k?!

I bet they hold their value fairly well... because at 5k new... there isn't much lower to go! who's going to buy a 2 year old one for 3k, when, again, new is 5k?!

SEA-DOO has basically destroyed the 2 stroke flipping business.

Only people who really love their skis and can keep them running will keep running the 2 strokes. Anyone else, once it dies and they are looking at $1000-$2000 in repairs will say... hey, let's just get a new one!

It really is a sad time for 2 strokes. I knew it was inevitable that an affordable 4 stroke would come out, but I wasn't expecting this. The spark coming out and less than we paid for our new 2 strokes in the 90s is going to really fade out the 2 stroke market

You still stop? This is a brand new 'toy' to me (I know they aren't suppose to be considered that) so I plan to make use of it throughout the year. :cool:

Well, lets just say that there are a few days that I would not ride, :D it does get a little cooler here than where you are. That is why I like the full enclosure for my boat, 50's and I can ride warm in it, that would be a little cool for a ski.;)

You're a die-hard Floridian only if you boat or ski on Christmas day. :)

My lake has 5 inches of ice by then....(most years)

We quite often take a boat ride on Christmas day here in Ga also, usually is nice enough weather to do it without the enclosure.

Stupid winter....
Change your id to Coastiesnow in the winter and go out and have some fun in the white stuff , I know I will

231.jpg

Sleds are definitely fun for sure.

Rode many when I was younger. Like our skis, they have come a long way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh the elusive white gold! Now you can see why I love the BRP stuff. Yes they have come a long way, but the vintage sleds are where it's at!

It's even fun to resto mod a sled! Vintage sled with a modern SC-10 rear skid for a nice plush ride.

Well I haven't ridden for 3 weeks and I'm basically done for the season until next year. Ski is winterized already.

And I'm seriously considering selling my 2 stroke for the spark. I'm not sure I want to spend another 2 grand for a 951 motor and carbs. Rebuild or spark?

I'm telling you the value of 2 strokes is going to quickly take a shit. I said this before the day the spark came out and people doubted me.

Ok I do not post a lot on the Forum but i do read what people are doing and like that people are are taking older two stroke skis back from the dead and even just maintaining them so they can enjoy the sport. Anyway i just looked the New Seadoo Spark. Very good looking ski. As a proud owner of a 97 spx I could not find myself selling my ski to get a brand new. I think by the time you build one with all the options you would be spending more than five grand. i am sure the ROTAX® 900 H.O. ACE™ engine will be a expensive upgrade. Anyway if I would decide to buy one I would not be giving up the 97. Just my thought!

i wanna bring my sled down so you can polish my tunnel like that. nice old school sleds

Sure, you bring me the tunnel only. I separated the bulkhead, that's a lot of rivets! Honestly get some 0000 steel wool and Mothers that's all I used on that. Oh, and two arms of elbow grease and a bunch of adult beverages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back