It's very quiet here!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh the elusive white gold! Now you can see why I love the BRP stuff. Yes they have come a long way, but the vintage sleds are where it's at!

It's even fun to resto mod a sled! Vintage sled with a modern SC-10 rear skid for a nice plush ride.

Here are my vintage sleds Sold them 3 years ago

236.jpg

237.jpg

I'm in the same boat, so to speak. When I finally retire my 96GSX, I'll probably need to donate it to the Smithsonian, as a relic from the past.

Lou

Unfortunately, It wasn't the best riding season here with all the rain so I never really thought to check the forums much. I only made it to the lake twice this year. I rode buoys for the first time though and had a blast. It was a lot of fun throwing the ski into all the different turns with wakes coming at you from all different directions :cheers:

On another note, I'm glad to see Sea Doo finally bringing back a smaller more affordable hull. But the shape of the hull and the small 4stroke engine doesn't seem like it would nearly as fun as the old small hull 2strokes. Maybe if it was boosted, but that would add a lot to the cost. I plan to ride my 787 X4 for the foreseeable future, rebuilding and replacing whatever needs to be done along the way. Its just too much fun to sell :thumbsup:

cool! there's at least 2 people that is not giving up on 2 strokes! whoo hooo!

I won't be getting rid of mine. It's my first ski. It's just like one of my first cars. I bought a 1989 Nissan back in 1998 and still have it.......in a bunch of pieces right now but still in my possession. The time I get rid of that car is one of two things: it gets wrecked beyond repair or I'm dead. I'd like to think I'll do the same with the ski.

I won't be giving up my 2 stroke! Maybe one of them... But I'm definitely keeping my 97 spx. That's 110 horses babe. I'm very interested in the spark, don't get me wrong. But if I was riding and some dude with a SPARK wanted to drag race my 16 year old machine I think I would hurt his feelings performance wise. ;)

like i said in another post, i think its about time that seadoo came out with a smaller light weight ski bringing back the fun factor of the 90's. that being said, yes the entry level is only 5 grand but add the ho cost an extra 800 which is still a tad slow on the top end for me personally. upper 50's would be great.
I will probably have 3 grand in my gsx rfi including trailer when i get it all done new engine and all which to some is too much $$ but its the ski i wanted and plan on keeping it for a while. so the good thing is, now that a lot of folks will be ditching their 2 strokes for a spark,
that will drive the prices down on the old 2 stroke parts which is good for us.:thumbsup: only sad thing is the 2 stroke forum may be a lot quieter.:(

Well I haven't ridden for 3 weeks and I'm basically done for the season until next year. Ski is winterized already.

And I'm seriously considering selling my 2 stroke for the spark. I'm not sure I want to spend another 2 grand for a 951 motor and carbs. Rebuild or spark?

I'm telling you the value of 2 strokes is going to quickly take a shit. I said this before the day the spark came out and people doubted me.

I agree, this is a great way for seadoo to greatly decrease the 2 stroke industry even tho they make a killing on OEM parts, bet we will see a LOT more parted out 2 strokes next year vs. people selling them running....

I just got into sea-doo 2 stroke fun a few months ago. I don't see getting rid of mine anytime soon. I have to winterize mine this weekend sucks but joys of livin in canada. Had frost today.

Is there a post anywhere on the best way to winterize the 787?

I've been thinking about the whole situation with the new Spark, I had a little advance notice so I have had a little longer to think about it. And the old saying "be careful what you wish for" comes to mind.

I along with a lot of other people who own 2-strokes have asked SeaDoo to develop a ski that was more like the 2-strokes of the 90's, even though personally I would have liked to see the 2-stroke come back, I understand because of the cost it couldn't be a 2-stroke.

I think SeaDoo really hit a home-run here, the new Spark it exactly what we asked for, I still can't believe SeaDoo actually listened, but it's still more than a little sad that this is the beginning of the end for 2-strokes. Personally I will buy a Spark, but I will also not be in a hurry to sell my 2-strokes, in fact I plan on not selling my 96GSX at all.

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back