Impeller/Housing Repair 2000 Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcurrier

I have realized that the person I bought the boat from really didn't care to much about the boat. I have been looking and it needs a intake grate, impeller, wear ring, stator and possibly a ride plate and a tilt plate. This is for a 2000 speedster with the 240 Merc.

Doing my research there is no way i am going to drop 1500 dollars into getting this stuff. So i have a few questions. I am going to break down the problems and get peoples thoughts.

1. Impeller (simple impros 120.00)
2. Wear ring: Do you guys recommend the jb weld trick/ impros redoing it for 450 with the stainless for 450 or a new one in general for 450.
3. stator: Around 150. Is it worth it?
4. ride plate and trim plate: little banged up. Does it make a huge difference or should i bend it back or leave it.

I already am buying a new intake grate as I have one of the 3 tines pieces of crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I havent personally done it, but the general consesus from the Merc pros is to refurb the impeller and JB weld the wear ring. Make sure to replace your intake grate, its just a matter of time before it creates carnage.

I have realized that the person I bought the boat from really didn't care to much about the boat. I have been looking and it needs a intake grate, impeller, wear ring, stator and possibly a ride plate and a tilt plate. This is for a 2000 speedster with the 240 Merc.

Doing my research there is no way i am going to drop 1500 dollars into getting this stuff. So i have a few questions. I am going to break down the problems and get peoples thoughts.

1. Impeller (simple impros 120.00)
2. Wear ring: Do you guys recommend the jb weld trick/ impros redoing it for 450 with the stainless for 450 or a new one in general for 450.
3. stator: Around 150. Is it worth it?
4. ride plate and trim plate: little banged up. Does it make a huge difference or should i bend it back or leave it.

I already am buying a new intake grate as I have one of the 3 tines pieces of crap.

I have the same problem, my plan was to order a new stator. where did you find one that could refurb the stator?

I will get Impros to refurb the impeller and I will myself JB weld the Wear ring

Here you can see my Wear ring and my stator ..yes they are messed up

Attachments

• propeller%20front2.JPG
    propeller%20front2.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 25
  • stator%20back.JPG
    stator%20back.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:
FYI

Look at the last post, Posted by RFoster130

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=36213

I think it depent on the amount of damage ..i think i will try :patriot:

I think you are excatly correct Jimmihs. Looking at the pics by Jcurrier, I think his is a lot worse than just simply resurfacing the inside of the wear ring. It looks like a chunk is missing on the outside lip. I think most people who use the JBWeld arent fixing a spot like that. They are simply resurfacing the inside. Like I said before, do a good google search. Most the time, they are doing several very light coats and then sanding it smooth......That wont work for a chunk missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back