Has anybody dealt with this EBay seller?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not. That said, nearly 8000 sales and a 100% feedback rating is a good sign. Click his feed back and see what some of the items were as this will give you a good idea of what he sells and what not.

I checked his feedback and most of his stuff are parts for all PWCs, but he does sell a lot of rebuilt engines and everyone seems very satisfied with what they got. I just sent him a message asking if the broken bolt in my PTO jug is going to be a problem, and whther he rebuilds my core, or if I get a different engine back. The rebuild has a 1 year warranty, and since he;s only about 5-10 minutes from me, I will save about $80 in shipping for both ways, and not have to deal with making a crate.

I've bought 2 or three things from this seller over the past, and sold him a couple of things too (like last week) , simple $30 transactions but they went smoothly. He is VERY active, and when I have listings that are "priced to sell quick" he jumps on them because he can re-sell for more.

No issues here... at least with simple transactions, fast ship, fast pay, solid communication

Also it looks like he has 4 in stock ready to sell, with boating season here, or almost here where you are, I would think this would be a big advantage.

Lou

With you being so close, I would contact the seller about purchasing directly from his shop. He may be able to offer a better deal with him avoiding eBay and paypal fees.

With you being so close, I would contact the seller about purchasing directly from his shop. He may be able to offer a better deal with him avoiding eBay and paypal fees.

This, but try to do it outside of e-bay or he could catch hell.

If you know where he is, and it's a shop, shouldn't be hard to figure out. You could probably PM others in the thread - perhaps they know how to contact directly.

OTOH, you could lose any protection e-bay offers you, or limit your paymnet options.

eBay and paypal fees have become insane on the seller. Also eBay always favors the buyer. I've had 2 separate sales where the buyer returned gauges to me that were junk and kept my new ones. I had plenty of pictures proving this yet ebay sided with buyer. End rant sorry

This, but try to do it outside of e-bay or he could catch hell.

If you know where he is, and it's a shop, shouldn't be hard to figure out. You could probably PM others in the thread - perhaps they know how to contact directly.

OTOH, you could lose any protection e-bay offers you, or limit your paymnet options.

It's not a shop, per se, it's a house with a big garage. I know exactly where he's at, I used to drive past his house and drool at this garage. lol

LOL, actually like 30 seconds, it's right on his Ebay ad posted so you can call direct and skip Ebay I'm sure, Pick up available, wink wink. Google got me the name.

If local you cant loose. He doesnt mention shipping costs to get the core to him in the auction you would have to add another $50-75 to the price, but Im sure he can give you a great price not having to pack and ship the motor for him is a big savings of labor and material.

I would guess its all WSM parts, but as long as you dont expect to get the same amount of time on that as a OEM motor...its a good option.

The eBay seller. Not double, but I thought they were high. I figured it was worth looking into both the seller and the competitiveness of the pricing.

At one point I had an excel sheet of rebuilders and pricing.

My neighbor has bought a couple parts from him and seemed happy about it.
5-Star is close to me also, but never been there or bought anything from him.

I have sold him 787 cases through ebay, I have also bought a couple odds and ends from him. I think he has a pole barn full of jetskis.

Wow just googled that adress and I feel kind of like a creeper now lol.

This is what popped up in like 39 seconds of looking.

Companies
5 star service,
JC Walker and sons,
Affordable tree care.

Last edited by a moderator:
You folks that have posted this guy's info should think about what you're doing. I would delete your posts ASAP.

Sent from my subconscious mind.

Really? His address, phone number and business is directly in his ad. A quick google search popped that. Its not like I drove to his house took pictures and posted that. All of his companies are licensed with the state at that address. If I used google earth i probably would have got better quality pictures.

You folks that have posted this guy's info should think about what you're doing. I would delete your posts ASAP. Sent from my subconscious mind.

He wants to be found, He posts his info for everyone to see, Its a business. And to what the users here at Seadooforum are doing is earning this guy business by posting his info. This guy is in my back yard and I had no idea until this post. I emailed him and he agreed to replace my Dess post,lanyard and reprogram the MPEM for dirt cheap, score! And he rebuilds 787s, this is like Christmas for me.

Really? His address, phone number and business is directly in his ad. A quick google search popped that. Its not like I drove to his house took pictures and posted that. All of his companies are licensed with the state at that address. If I used google earth i probably would have got better quality pictures.

Yet you removed the picture of the interior of his home.

He wants to be found, He posts his info for everyone to see, Its a business. And to what the users here at Seadooforum are doing is earning this guy business by posting his info. This guy is in my back yard and I had no idea until this post. I emailed him and he agreed to replace my Dess post,lanyard and reprogram the MPEM for dirt cheap, score! And he rebuilds 787s, this is like Christmas for me.

Have you asked him if it's OK to post his info on a public forum?

It's one thing to place your info on a specific site with an expectation of online selling. It's another to have someone you don't know posting that info all over the place.

Perhaps it would be best to recommend he come here and post up the info himself? I'm sure he'll gladly share all his inventory. Hell, maybe even other items of value; art, jewelry, or guns he has in his house too.

FWIW, nobody has permission to post my personal info, address, email, user names, last name, or phone #
no matter how easy it might be find online these days, if it cost's me a sale, i'm ok with that.

Although several members have this info, and a few have been to my home, met my family, etc, its my decision to share that data with who I wish, not to anybody that randomly pops in to a website then decides to maybe figure out my patterns, or when I might be out of town, and what kind of inventory I might be holding onto.

its a fine line with a business, and a combination of personal/public data, not throwing anybody under the bus, but Brutal does has a point, IMO its OK to share such "public" data between two members via email/PM but not just posting it out there for any random guy to stumble across.

even with a regular poster and seller like: tonka, I've shared his phone number on more than one occasion because I wanted to either a) help out a member or b) help out nick, but out of respect for personal privacy it was always done through a private email or PM and usually with a reminder that this isn't to be shared or posted publicly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back