FNG - Why not start with a project?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DDK

Hi All,

My name is Dan, and I'm a boataholic. I've always wanted a jetski of some sort, but never got around to buying one. When I had the chance to grab a 1994 Sea-Doo XP with unknown motor woes, I thought "why not". I figure the wheeled trailer thing with bunks for the hull is worth what I paid for the whole package. The seller is from the same town as me and has no reason to lie, he said he thought the mag side bearing was shot. I figure it's a chance to learn and tear the thing down. I have experience with boats, motorcycles, dirt bikes and cars so I expect I'll be able to figure it out. Worst case; looks like a newly rebuilt engine is ~$800. I'll be starting a thread in the 2 stroke area with more specifics on the machine and the plan as I go on.

So... any go-to sites, links, threads, etc. for a newbie to working one of these? With the exception of riding a few I know absolutely nothing about them, I think last night was the first time I ever saw under the cowl(?) of one. Tips, tricks, things to look for, or just point and laugh at the new guy with no clue what he is in for - all is welcome!

Thanks,

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back