Has anybody dealt with this EBay seller?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are taking about info you personally received not info that is public info. Once you post your number one time it is out there for everyone. I have your address spim but I would not post that unless you had already done so. And if your advertising it anyways it doesnt matter.

I get your point. There are limits Like finding pictures of his family and posting them and other private info but sometimes people are a little too pc sensitive.

Anyways the guy is a good seller/buyer. Local guys use him all the time. I have only heard good things

I will also delete the pics that i posted. Even though if you follow the original ebay link in this thread and you actual read it, the seller has his name,number, and address clear as day. If you just copy and paste the address into a search engine(google,yahoo) and follow the first zillow link you can see the pics yourself.

So a fyi for everyone, this is a social media world now so please keep that in mind when you post anything. If you dont want it known do not post it on ebay, facebook,instagram,craigslist, twitter, ebay. What I did employers do now. First thing is a google and facebook search. Then people get upset when they find out that someone knows private stuff about them that they put out there for the world to see

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand your point completely, and honestly It only took me about 45 seconds to repeat the same steps you did to find the same data, and in addition that any potential deviant is most likely even better at digging up more data just as quickly.

My only point was that it might be crossing the line, not saying it is, just saying that its a grey area, I do realize that your just sharing info that is quickly and publicly available. I've done the same thing for personal reasons on individuals and it it quite amazing what you can find if you know where to look and that these days you don't even have to be that proficient at it, google already is...

Alright threat to the world has now been successfully thwarted, back to seadoo talk. I suggest you buy from that great seller.

I ended up going with this seller for my new engine. He was great to work with!! I stripped my RAVEs and rotary valve/cover before taking my core to him. He dismantled the whole thing right there to make sure the core was okay, and we found out what the major issue was. The bronze gear on the rotary assembly (I think that's what it's called), was shredded. We're thinking that the bolt stopped the crankshaft instantly, and the gear couldn't handle the stress.

As it turned out, they had me go home (10 minute drive) and get all of my parts, and they put everything on the new motor. They set the rotary valve timing, installed the PTO, and milled the RAVEs to ensure the proper clearance. The only thing that I have to do is to install the flywheel and stator, then paint those parts to match, and I should be ready to reinstall and align. As it turned out, what I thought was a "flat" rotary valve, was no where as flat as it needed to be, so they gave me a new one.

All told, with a broken bolt in the jug, a gasket kit, and plenty of high temp paint to do the rest of my parts, the total was $850 out the door, including tax. So, I was very pleased with the transaction.

His name is Mel Scharf, and he has a bunch of videos on YouTube about priming, and misc setup. So, so far, I'd highly recommend this guy.

Oh yea, and YES, he does have a bunch of Seadoos on his property and a ton of motors in his workshop. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
That gear is designed to shear so you can save the core. Otherwise you would have catastrophic failure.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

That gear is designed to shear so you can save the core. Otherwise you would have catastrophic failure.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I thought about just installing a new gear, but would have hated to get it all back together, installed, and then still not run. At least I have a bit more peace of mind knowing that everything is new.

Thx Joe
Hope it solved the cut out issue!!

Joe is right I want to be found. Just to clear it up.
I used to have a real commercial shop for several years at Dixie and Scott lake rd. in Waterford that's why my eBay store is called Waterford PWC but I found this great property my friend was selling (Jack Walker and Sons) it has several acres and secluded cant see the house from the private road. I have a 3000' Barn and a few other storage buildings. We block the only entrance in every night with my trusty old International tractor and I have 3 dogs and yes lots of guns. I buy lots of engine parts cylinders heads, Jugs, Cases whole core motors and worn out jet skis so I can have motors ready for exchange and pre-ship sales. Many international customers buy no core exchange engines from me and we specialize in Jet Boat repair have lots SeaDoo jet boat customers but personally I love my 99 Exciter 270 fricken rips!! and the sound system is awesome..
Any ways Thx Mel

That is awesome ^^^ Im surprised no one has said anything sense your post, This started to turn into quite the controversy LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back