Ask Jake, Lou and Tater

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys...y'all talking about me again.

Actually I just got done a few hours ago building a 90 foot retaining wall (about 2 feet at the high point and with several step downs due to a sloped yard) to hold back a raised "shrub bed" built by the PO. He kept adding dirt and mulch until all hell was sliding down the slope. He tried holding it back w/ 4 inch black plastic edging. ( :rant: ) So far added 34 bags of that new rubberized mulch with about another 10-15 to go..but that will have to wait until Next trip down here.

Yes, I guess it's a 587 not a 517.....never was much good at the 3 R's reading, 'riting & 'rithmetic :)

sounds like quite a project. Post some pics. And of course check that walls compression.

good thing the PO used the black plastic edging. The gray edging just turns to green goo once it gets wet.

sounds like quite a project. Post some pics. And of course check that walls compression.

good thing the PO used the black plastic edging. The gray edging just turns to green goo once it gets wet.

HAHA, now that was a funny comparison. I'll post some pics on Thursday.
Yup Ole Griz was right....had dinner with El Toro and guitarman and wives on Monday night. His boat still hasn't hit the water yet....LOL :) 16 cats ,...wow

I was just thinking (pretty dangerous), about that thread for murjiim. If he had not posted that video showing him putting in the spark plugs in only finger tight we would probably still be scratching our heads, and griz would be scratching his b**ls. Anyway it turned out to be a really good diagnostic tool.

It would really be good if we could promote using more videos. So I'm appointing Griz and Jake as a committee to promote this idea.

Lou

I was just thinking (pretty dangerous), about that thread for murjiim. If he had not posted that video showing him putting in the spark plugs in only finger tight we would probably still be scratching our heads, and griz would be scratching his b**ls. Anyway it turned out to be a really good diagnostic tool.

It would really be good if we could promote using more videos. So I'm appointing Griz and Jake as a committee to promote this idea.

Lou

i agree, its so easy to post a quick vid to youtube, or find one someone else made with similar issues, that its a great tool. for example, this guy has a great example of what happens when you have a weak battery/starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eycoBZ98DM

this guy needs a wear ring (listen to the sound)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpXCApP6OUw&feature=related

this is a brand new wear ring:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSfQKIaxyJU

Lou

That's a good point Lou, no way anyone would have ever diagnosed that. Funny thing is I almost didn't ask him if he was actually tightening the plugs because it seemed like such a silly question, but I kept thinking to myself - why would he put the plug wires on the finger tight plugs in he was just going to take them off again to tighten the plugs. We better get SDB to update him signature. Check compression, Tighten Sparkplugs, Post Pics and video :)

Lou, did I just read on another thread that you dun almost bought yerself another ski??? last month you was bellyachin that Judge Judy wanted ya ta cut one loose from yer stable and you was gonna add another one. Wow, Judge Judy must really be greatful that you ain't a botherin her no more since ya got that new seat cover :)

Hey Griz, I been havin trouble holden my head up. I think it's too much tongue weight. Any suggestions?

should I ride my ski yet?

Jake, You're supposed to take the wheels oft the trailer, put the wheels back on the truck.

Lou

Attachments

• b472f7e0.jpg
    b472f7e0.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 5
Just an FYI... computer is fud cup so prolly wont be peaking in as much for a bit... Toshiba thinks they need it back to replace a disc drive???? 5 minutes for me to do. Instead they want to pay shipping both ways and have my computer for a couple of weeks... F THAT!!!!! no choices.... I'll try to peek in on my phone. If they ever get the shipping box to me anyway.... F#%$!!!!!

Better to be pi$$ed on than pi$$ed off, right? WAIT! Reverse that! unless you are SDB anyway...

[QUOTEA tribute to my nephew, the most courageous person I have ever known. Mike Wildman 1983-2012. [/QUOTE]

Jake, I just saw your signature. Sorry to hear about your nephew.

sorry the link didn't transfer correctly.

New invention for a garage door opener......never mind.

Where is that darn delete button?????

Motorcycle_ride...ner._VIDEO1.wmv

hey guys, we is closin in on 2000 posts. We sent Sink to Oz land to visit cousin Criss for being the 1000th poster, we should start thinking about what the prize will be for the 2000th poster. I was thinkin maybe 10 pounds of that pink slime stuff that they put in hamburger. :drool5: What ya'll think.

I wuz thinkin an all expense paid vacation at Griz's house, less transportation, food, lodging, and taxes.

Looks like twisty got another SeaDoo, a 97GSX, I think Jake donated it, how many does twisty have, 3?, 4?, I'm not sure.

Lou

I wuz thinkin an all expense paid vacation at Griz's house, less transportation, food, lodging, and taxes.

Looks like twisty got another SeaDoo, a 97GSX, I think Jake donated it, how many does twisty have, 3?, 4?, I'm not sure.

Lou

Good idear Lou. You see that Barbeque rig Griz got in his backyard !!! I'm gonna rig it so I win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back