95 GTX fuel gauge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

buttsm

I am having problems with my fuel gauge, It just shows a steady red light. If I pull the wires off the tank and connect them it shows full. Is the gauge sender replaceable or repairable

It's most likely not the gauge it's the float inside the fuel baffle, it's a fairly easy job to replace. Remove the fuel baffle from the fuel tank, open the bottom of the baffle, let the old one slide out, slide the new float in. Get the new style white molded float.

Lou

I'm with Lou. This is a common known issue and as mentioned there is updated parts for the repair.

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

hardest part is maneuvering the tank so you can get the baffle out. also call a dealer with your HIN to see if your ski falls in the gas tank recall.

I have this same issue with my 1995 GTX. Thanks for the info... Do you have to pull the tank out to do this?

On my 96GTI, a very similar ski, I didn't even have to move the tank.

Lou

i'll have to look at mine when i get home, i remember having to unhook the filler hose and bungees and slide the tank forward to be able to get at the hoses on top of the baffle. i also remember the opening with the hood still installed being just that much too big to get the tank out of the ski, so i had to gravity siphon the old gas out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back