97 XP 800 No power to gauge cluster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

1099ezg

I recently purchased a XP 800 and have been doing some work on it to get it ready for this summer. The gauge cluster for both the fuel and spedometer are not functioning. No lights pop up on the fuel/VTS gauge and they do not move at all. I also do not have a beep when I put my key in the gauge cluster.

It seems that the previous owner may have replaced the MPEM as he gave me a bag of parts and there was one in there. The jetski is running fine without the gauges but I was wondering what would cause that.

I am a new jetski owner so I am very unfamiliar with the electronics. I did notice some condensation in both of the gauges so I wonder if I just have to replace the actual gauge or if it is just a fuse.

I would first check the power wire to the cluster and the grounds, make sure you are getting voltage to the gauges. If that is good I would take the cluster(s) out and inspect them for corrosion and other damage. When I started working on my 98 GTXL, I had to pull the gauges and one had a lot of corrosion inside of it, I assume that is why it didn't work. Also, if you can figure out which wire is the 12V you might try a ground and put power to that wire and see if they come alive.
If you haven't already download the parts manual and the maintenance manual for this ski, they are free online. It should have trouble shooting tips for the guage cluster in it.

Sounds great, thank you so much!
I would first check the power wire to the cluster and the grounds, make sure you are getting voltage to the gauges. If that is good I would take the cluster(s) out and inspect them for corrosion and other damage. When I started working on my 98 GTXL, I had to pull the gauges and one had a lot of corrosion inside of it, I assume that is why it didn't work. Also, if you can figure out which wire is the 12V you might try a ground and put power to that wire and see if they come alive.
If you haven't already download the parts manual and the maintenance manual for this ski, they are free online. It should have trouble shooting tips for the guage cluster in it.

Back