Fuel Pump Reservoir: Inner Filter Replacement (Not lower filter) 2009 SEADOO GTX 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hi Folks

Can anyone suggest what to do in this situation? I have been fixing the fuel system on my 2009 Seadoo GTX 215 after I left the craft sitting for 4 years and the tank got filled with gum, which I now know is caused by a bug growing from water in the fuel. I have cleaned everything out, but now the filter in the base of my fuel sender is badly damaged from the Fuel Cleaner fluid I used, it's age and the gum that got caught in this filter. It's not the lower filter, which is replaceable but the filter inside the pump reservoir. Please see the pictures.

Questions:
1. So, how do I replace this filter?
2. If it's not replaceable, do I have to buy a new sender or should I just clean this unit and keep running it as is?
3. Once I re-install the sender, the manual says I need to pressure test the fuel system. Is this necessary?

1701600825966.png

This is what my sender looks like....

1701601051077.png

Thanks in advance.

Looks like they sell a aftermarket inner filter for your ski, although not sure how the old comes comes out. Hopefully someone will chime in that's knows.

Back