94 Seadoo XP Build

Water Crafts
94 Seadoo XP
I'm new to the Forum, and recently purchased a 94 XP from glsmohio Scott Felver...who will be assisting me on the build. We swapped out the 657X with a 720. Now that the cold weather has arrived, I thought it would be fun to post the build process! I already have most of my parts, and just started tearing it down. Open for ideas! Here is what I have so far....

Jet Trim Seat
Single Gauge Hood
Koso Dual EGT w/ Tach & Water Temp
800 Carbs
Factory Pipe
Solas Prop
R&D Scoop Grate
R&D Nozzle
R&D Extended Ride Plate
Push Button switch for 12v 1100 GPH Bilge Pump & Outlet
Oil Pump Block off...running 93 octane with XPS Full Synthetic Oil
Pro Taper Handlebars
UMI Billet Finger Throttle
3 Button Holder (VTS/Stop)
ODI X-Treme Lock Clamp on Grips
Black Tip Mats
Hydro Turf Splash Guard

Last edited:

Matt Braley

Premium Member
Premium Member
Water Crafts
I can't keep up with it anymore. I've got some really cool skis!!
WOW! Haven't seen a 94 pimped up in a while and never with the new modern look. Your gonna want to mix in some aftermarket sponsons.

glsmohio

Water Crafts
(2) 1996 xp , 1996 spx ,1997 spx. 1997 GS, 1994 spx, 1994 xp, 2000 xpl
WOW! Haven't seen a 94 pimped up in a while and never with the new modern look. Your gonna want to mix in some aftermarket sponsons.
We will be making them...along with any other way I can think to spend his money lol

Water Crafts
94 Seadoo XP
Made some more progress the past few nights! Handle bars, bumpers, vents, and all decals are removed. Started scuffing/wet sanding the left side!

Attachments

emspjay

Water Crafts
1996 Seadoo XP, 1996 Seadoo GTX, 1996 Seadoo GSX, 1996 Sea Ray 300 Sundancer, 1995 Seadoo XP 800
Nice! Subscribed! I had two of these a few summers back, one was mint and one mint with bad motor. I still have some 94 mint parts but I don't think you could use any since you are doing a full custom build.

Water Crafts
94 Seadoo XP
Made some more progress the past few nights! Handle bars, bumpers, vents, and all decals are removed. Started scuffing/wet sanding the left side!
Making more progress this week. Fuel and oil tanks are out, hood is off, and all buttons and gauges are off! Tomorrow I’ll be getting the inside clean and begin wet sanding

Attachments

Water Crafts
94 Seadoo XP
Making more progress this week. Fuel and oil tanks are out, hood is off, and all buttons and gauges are off! Tomorrow I’ll be getting the inside clean and begin wet sanding
Inside is all cleaned now. We go the ski flipped and began to work on sanding the bottom. Should have the bottom ready for paint on Monday! Black Tip Mats came in as well!

Attachments

GGuillot

Water Crafts
1997 GTX
1996 GSX
Looks like someone painted it before, are you painting the entire bottom? or just down the middle some to cover where the gelcoat wore away on the keel?

Water Crafts
(2) SeaDoo SPX - 1997 (sold)
SeaDoo Speedster SK - 1999
(2) SeaDoo Spark 90hp - 2016
This one looked nice when you started. Will look nice tho. Good progress so far

GGuillot

Water Crafts
1997 GTX
1996 GSX
This is a full restoration. The entire ski will be repainted.
Understand, I did a full resto, top bottom re gelcoat on a 97' GTX last year and I'm doing a 96' GSX right now. It'll look nice painting it but from a durability standpoint it doesn't last. May want to consider gelcoat...very time consuming ,but worth the effort if you keep the ski more than a season or 2. On the larger hull like the GTX it kicked my butt, tons of sanding to get it smooth, but it's durable for the long term, paint wears off fairly quick, especially on the bottom loading and unloading off the trailer.

Last edited:
Water Crafts
94 Seadoo XP
We are just going to paint it. He’s had great success painting the bottom of all his other skis. Shouldn’t have a problem with paint staying on since I float my ski to load it on and off the trailer!

Water Crafts
94 Seadoo XP
Was able to put a lot of hours in today on the bottom of the ski. I used a DA sander to get off the layer of what seemed to be paint that the previous owner probably used to cover up all the blemishes that appeared once that layer was removed. Then I used Scuff & Clean to get any excess paint off and clean it up a bit. Within the next couple days all the blemishes will be re-glassed, and then begin painting!

Attachments

Adsense

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member