RESTO 1997 SPX "Titanic" Build

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Productive day today. Got the rebuilt SES 951 in my 00 xp broken in (although not real happy with the 120/125 compression) so far after 4 hours. Hoping that creeps up to 130. Then I was able to spend a few hours tuning the SPX.

I finally got my wot Temps down! The magic combo was 110 lows, 160 highs, and a 110 high in the return line. This combo keeps wot Temps at about 1085 at the hottest. She's thirsty that's for sure.

I had to play around with the return jet quite a bit. 75 was too much pressure and would cause bog at low speed, 95 still bog, 110 seems to be about perfect. It does still bog on low every once in a while, so I may need to play with the returns a bit more.

This thing rips like crazy though. After riding the 951 xp, this thing blows it away! Well except for top speed that is... Thanks again for all the help.

156.jpg
157.jpg
158.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do those tires scrub the fenders if you hit a bump?
Nope. I raised the fenders up 3/4 with some brackets I made and re-drilled new holes to center them on the wider tires. I like the look and the 14" tires are nice for the long hauls. Those tires already have 4k miles on them since I put them on right before Norman. 3 long haul lake trips and just about every weekend to local lakes.

If I put anything heavier on there I'd have to watch carefully with the torsion suspension. X4s are light and most of the xpl weight is forward.

When do you want me to come pick up the xpl since the spx is tuned good now?
Haha I still love that thing. It's almost like riding in a Cadillac after hitting the spx hard for 2 hrs then jumping on that for a nice cruise. I'd love to find a carbon fiber version of that hull. It's still playful, just not nearly as much as the x4 being so light.
About damn time Lee!
Yah I know. I've just been too busy with weekend trips then getting the xpl done and working on the boat for a houseboat trip in 1.5 weeks. Now the boat needs a power steering pump and a damn alternator. It never ends. She's an 89 and still looks good though. Here's a pic of the old girl after I painted her a few years ago with interlux brightsides. Its held up really well so far although did lose a lot of the glossyness. The gel was roached thanks to prior owners and I was sick of buffing for 6 hours a year.
159.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back