RESTO 1997 SPX "Titanic" Build

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time i've used transparent fuel lines and noticed that there is an air bubble up to the fuel filter. It never seems to gst any bigger but just wondering if thats normal. I dont see air in the line after the filter or after the external pump.

I've bypassed the fuel valve and gone directly to both on and Res and see the same thing. If its not normal i may need to swap the fuel baffle.

Just wondering if tjat could be causing a lean run on the high side and my bad plug readings.

Thanks Matt. Im gonna pull the carbs tonight and measure them. Guy swore they were 44s, but then again ive got a few things recently that werent as advertised.

Heading to the lake for a final tuning session before loading up for norman. 132.5 hs needles so well see. I accidentally snalled one ofbthe 135s so this is really my last chance for the weekend.

The Triton did get new shoes for the trip last night though...
199.jpg

Heading to the lake for a final tuning session before loading up for norman. 132.5 hs needles so well see. I accidentally snalled one ofbthe 135s so this is really my last chance for the weekend.

The Triton did get new shoes for the trip last night though...
199.jpg

looking good man, i hope all goes well

Thanks yah still needs more tuning.

At 120 low and 132.5 high (needles all the way out) it ran very very light brown at wot and was a little rich on the low end. Im gonna try 117.5 and 135 next. I just drove over to OSD parts and grabbed more jets just in case.

Even with the plugs light brown at WOT for short bursts the koso was reading 1200 + degrees. Not sure how accurate it is but i didnt want to risk it.

Yeah I'd open up those high speed needles and get her down to 1100 or less.
That was all the way out, which is why i had to call it quits and increase jets again. Just another thing to do tonight, might be an all nighter and plan on leaving at 4 am for the meetup.

Well get some sleep and drive careful. We can knock the timing back a little and see if that cools it down without cutting into your acceleration.

I'm looking forward to tinkering just as much as riding. Pack all your gear and roll south :thumbsup:
If you run into anything on the road let me know. I've got a flat bed and can assist.

Rob

Figured i should post an update...

Well the ski now has 6.7 hours on it. It runs great up to 80% throttle, then gets too hot. Started with 130 high jets and now up to 145 trying every size inbetween and still cant keep it cool. Its getting closer each time i go up a size so hope that I'm close. Had to order more high speed jet sets, so hope to try again this weekend.

Plug chop is also good until I go above 80% throttle then too lean so i just jump waves at 3/4 throttle, lol. Compression now at 163/166.

[MENTION=51824]Matt Braley[/MENTION] he does need a jet in the return to keep fuel pressure up at wot don't he

Alright thanks for the info 1of500. Ill be pulling them back off again tomorrow. If there are no jets can i tap the return outlet or just need to make make something in-line after the T?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back