RESTO 1997 SPX "Titanic" Build

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I calibrated and tested the Candoo today. Calibration takes all of about 10 seconds as the gauge should read 50 mph when you turn it on. If not, use the supplied magnet to increase or decrease the reading until its exactly 50 mph. The speedo goes to 0 mph to tell you the satellite signal is aquired.

I wanted to test the accuracy before install since the single gauge hood is kind of a pain to split. Happy to report it was dead on to 60 mph with both my truck speedometer and a gps phone app!

I have a cleaner gauge around here somewhere ill use but just need to find it. The needle is readable in person, but doesnt really show in the pics.
321.jpg
322.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you wrap the needle past 60 and back to the zero?

Please.
Yes, i got up to 75 and the gauge still reads. Ill probaby make some small marks on the face for 65 and 70 just for reference.

Thnx for the vts offer, i have a minty one of those on the ski.
324.jpg

Well the first trip to the lake for break in went really well. Idled perfectly on the trailer, no leaks after 3-4 minutes, so was good to head out on the lake.

Water was a little chilly at 60, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Not an exciting ride fir break in bit definitely felt good! Cant wait until i can open this thing up.

I was really glad i had the splash guard. Cool water and ambient temp was only about 70 so it was nice to stay mostly dry.

343.jpg

344.jpg

Thanks Matt. Especially for all the help!!

In this pic it was idling so was 1170 RPM. Had it switching back and forth from egt to water temp and rpm.

Oh, haha i forgot abt the Hardline tach and hour meter i temporarily threw on to see how close the two read. The hardline needed to be set to read correctly and i didn't bring the instructions so i just ignored it lol. It was reading 2x for rpm.

Sweet, looks awesome!!!!!!!!!! But I gotta say, lose the Seadoo racing decals on the hood, they look completely out of place, at least to me they do. Other than that, great job!

Sweet, looks awesome!!!!!!!!!! But I gotta say, lose the Seadoo racing decals on the hood, they look completely out of place, at least to me they do. Other than that, great job!
Ha yah i was undecided. Im thinking they fall off on their own once im able tongo full throttle anyways.

Ha yah i was undecided. Im thinking they fall off on their own once im able tongo full throttle anyways.
Lol, I know you asked a few posts back, buy now seeing it Full Monty they kinda stood out. I'll be totally honest, I'm not a fan of a ski all stickered up with extra stickers. The race skis I get it, they sponsor the rider. Now, all those stickers on your tool box in your shop, hell yeah it looks cool! Remember, it's just my opinion, it's your ski so do as you see fit.

Well it was 50 and 10-20 mph winds. Got another hour of break in on the ski but got soaked and freezing even through rain gear. Ski ran great but a little rich on low end. Got to the point where i did a few 90% throttle pulls and check plugs. They were light gray each time so quit for the day as ill need to up the high speed jet. Was still lean even at 3 turns out on hs.

Currently 120 lows and 130 highs. Not sure i should move up to 135, 137.5 or straight to 140. Looks like i may still be tuning on thursday at norman [emoji53]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back