08 230 wake

This poll is deleted

• yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is textbook poor customer service. I've seen customer service training videos over the years illustrating poor customer service that was remarkably similar to what we have experienced here. No one at BRP is taking ownership of their customer problems.

Craig

:agree: Yea but this time Nancy was different on the phone. Normally she really agressive, But today she sounded like she had just got her Butt chewed.

Tony,

Assuming you still have no boat. Have you contacted an attorney yet and if so do you have any grounds for a case or would it be fruitless?

Craig

Well like I said I got it back, I didn't say it was fixed. Just to recap it went in with the following.
Carpet snaps pulling out.
Cushion behind capatins seat snaps are to short.
Radio needed replaced
Glove box lid replaced

Well the only thing they started was that the glove box lid is mounted. It is mounted what I would call lopsided. (see pics). and the radio has been replaced, but its in crooked. And thats it, nothing else the.

At least I have my boat:hurray:

See how far off center the lid is and the lever to hold it up is not even mount to the lid, plus holes where the hold on ones.

Attachments

• IMG_2547small.jpg
    IMG_2547small.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2548small.jpg
    IMG_2548small.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2550small.jpg
    IMG_2550small.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2551small.jpg
    IMG_2551small.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2552small.jpg
    IMG_2552small.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
The wife is now on the case. :boxing_smiley: Went over it last night we have had the boat a total of 280 days and it has been at the dealer for a total of 171. And is still not finished.

Tony,

Have you considered approaching the Better Business Beurau? I know the laws are different for boats and cars but I had great success with this process when my new car went through similar cosmetic issues that your having.

In my case I was awarded a "Non-lemon law replacement". The entire process from filing online to verdict was a couple of months. After applying online I received a call from the BBB within a week and they set up a hearing between me, the BBB attorney and the OEM. It was a great experience and did not cost me a penny. I documented my issue and made my simple case and it was effective.

Craig

It did look the other day at their site to see if Smith had any complants, but didn't realize they had that much power. Will be checking into that. Thanks.

Looking over that last few post in here it seems alot of people are reading it just not commenting like they were at first.

Tony, I have been on top of the run around you have been getting. I would go the direction Craig suggests. This is only my personal opinion... This dealership is just not doing it's job. The time frame is way over what is acceptable. I would be sure ALL pictures and documentation( times, dates phone calls ect are in order and Let the dealer know you are pursing this to the legal law of your state. Make some initial contacts and start the process...then tell your dealer contact you had enough and started the process...They will 1) either get you completely satisfied quickly. 2) give you a different NEW boat 3) make them face being dragged into a legal situation. where they couldn't win.

Start the process, then inform them of doing so...watch them run to please you...quickly!

Karl

Looking over that last few post in here it seems alot of people are reading it just not commenting like they were at first.

theres not really much more to comment about. its kinda the same story over and over. the only resort you really have is to get the law involved so unless you want 30 people telling you the same thing now that so many have suggested before then i guess you will have to give it a try. and maybe get a little satisfaction out of it . possibly.

I am thinking of purchasing a larger boat, and have been looking around. I, too, have not been very pleased with BRP and their customer service. After my experiences, and following your situation, I don't think I could purchase any of their products or recommend any of their products with a clear conscience.

If they cannot fix your boat, and do it in a timely manner, then they should just give you a new one. It would be much cheaper than all the negative publicity they are getting.

Actually. it's not the negative publicity of seadoo...but of the crap dealer that has no idea how to handle it's customers. I would buy a new seadoo in a hart beat, but never from that dealer!

Karl

Well Karl I have to disagree there. I have only spoke with the last dealer once. They are getting there directions from BRP. Now I do agree that they don't have a clue what they are doing as there workmanship was just unbeliveable. I mean my 15year daughter could have centered the glove box.
I just don't think they care. As for BRP I have spoken to serveral people at BRP and emailed serveral more and when I finally got to the manger of customer sevice and he then tells me he got promoted well now I'm back to customer service and she tells me that there is no one else that I can speak to that she will be handling all of it, when in fact the manger stated that she was going out of her job duties to fix this issue (like order parts for my boat) than it should move up to a supervisor (I know her name to but she won't answer my emails). Aong with emailing the CEO, excutive Representive for customer assistance center, customer support, customer support supervisor, customer support manger and none of these people will call me or email me back. Now if they are sending it down the line and the same lady get told to call me wouldn't you think after 30 emails that the issue wasn't getting resovled that you might get involved?

Don't get me wrong I will never tell anybody to go to that dealer in Hayesville NC, Right Craig? But I thought JOA of Ga would be alittle better with there workmanship. Now BRP assumed they had fixed all the other issues, as she stated to me since the boat was to be back friday thatshe would call me tue/wed about compensation.

Tony, maybe I got your post mixed with others...I didn't review all....YEKS 165posts now!...on this same problem not getting taken care of. I just hope you have a happy ending...

Karl

Tony,

I'm recommending you file a BBB complaint for BRP. This is the only chance of getting this resolved.

Craig

Yea we are looking into the BBB thing. But wanted to post the latest from BRP.

"Mr. and Mrs. Van Zant,

First, to Mrs. Van Zant, thank you for giving me your telephone number. However, since we received the photos from Mr. Van Zant, I've been working with our team in Benton on how to resolve this matter. All of the items in the photos below and in Mr. Van Zant's e-mail to Greg at JOA can be addressed. To date, this has not been through our dealer network.

We would like to make the following proposal to you.
1) We will bring the boat back to Benton for repairs. We would arrange to pick up the boat from your home/address you designate on the morning of Tuesday May 26. We would ship a boat cover for you to put on the boat for the trip back.
2) We will repair the boat by Thursday evening, the 28th.
3) We will ship it back to you on Friday, the 29th to arrive no later that 6 p.m.

Additionally:
- We will put new tires on the trailer while it is in Benton
- We will compensate you by reimbursing you for some of the payments that you made during the time that the boat has been at the dealers. If you will share the amount of your payments, I can then determine the amount of the reimbursement offer. We can either issue a check to you directly or apply the amount to your GE account.
- We would like to add some extra warranty to the boat, a minimum of 12 mos. We can do this in one of two ways, which I would like to discuss with you over the telephone.

All of the necessary departments in Benton are aware of their responsibilities for this concern. What we will need from you is the OK to go ahead with the arrangements. We will need your acceptance as soon as possible (no later than Thursday noon). This will allow us enough time to ship you the boat cover and for us to assign a shipper to pick it up.

Lastly, as I mentioned to Mr. Van Zant yesterday, we sincerely apologize for the delays in having the boat repaired. "

I mean she is got to be kidding me. They (JOA) has had the boat for three months and they are local and nothing was done with it,and she wants me to let her take it 500 miles away. I mean what about the wear and tear from a 1000 mile trip.

And yes I have let the wife loose on them now. :boxing_smiley:

"Mr. and Mrs. Van Zant,

First, to Mrs. Van Zant, thank you for giving me your telephone number. However, since we received the photos from Mr. Van Zant, I've been working with our team in Benton on how to resolve this matter. All of the items in the photos below and in Mr. Van Zant's e-mail to Greg at JOA can be addressed. To date, this has not been through our dealer network.

1) We will bring the boat back to Benton for repairs. We would arrange to pick up the boat from your home/address you designate on the morning of Tuesday May 26. We would ship a boat cover for you to put on the boat for the trip back.
3) We will ship it back to you on Friday, the 29th to arrive no later that 6 p.m.

Additionally:
- We will compensate you by reimbursing you for some of the payments that you made during the time that the boat has been at the dealers. If you will share the amount of your payments, I can then determine the amount of the reimbursement offer. We can either issue a check to you directly or apply the amount to your GE account.
- We would like to add some extra warranty to the boat, a minimum of 12 mos. We can do this in one of two ways, which I would like to discuss with you over the telephone.

All of the necessary departments in Benton are aware of their responsibilities for this concern. What we will need from you is the OK to go ahead with the arrangements. We will need your acceptance as soon as possible (no later than Thursday noon). This will allow us enough time to ship you the boat cover and for us to assign a shipper to pick it up.

Lastly, as I mentioned to Mr. Van Zant yesterday, we sincerely apologize for the delays in having the boat repaired. "

I mean she is got to be kidding me. They (JOA) has had the boat for three months and they are local and nothing was done with it,and she wants me to let her take it 500 miles away. I mean what about the wear and tear from a 1000 mile trip.

This sounds like a pretty generous offer to me...

I would say:
1) if the shipping is done not riding on your axles but on a raised, possibly enclosed carrier, and
2) there is some kind of guarantee that if it is not fixed on time they'll be adding another $100 or so per day that it is late coming back to you on top of the reimbursement...
then I would take it.

So spending $50,000 on a product and not having access to that product for 6 months of the 9 months you've ownered it is acceptable? And now you need to give it up for more time, for them to make repair to it which they haven't been able to in 6 months they have already had? what about the gentleman in NJ that has some of the same issue I have. What about the 36 complaint in 36 months that the BBB has had filled with them on BRP.:rant:

is it acceptable? No.
But is it worth the fight? I'd take the money and let 'em try to fix the boat... if it isn't perfect when it comes back, have something in writing that they'll give you a further discount/compensation

Parallel universe

Tony,

What is with this highlighted comment below about the work to date not being performed within the BRP dealer network??????? I'm baffled here. Arent Smith and JOA authorized BRP dealers??? Is this a canadian thing or is BRP living in a parallel universe? I agree that 6 months to fix relatively minor issues is ridiculous!! No its beyond rediculous and factor in the economy in the tank and the boating industry in collapse you'd think you'd received red carpet care from day one.

Putting my frustration aside for the moment, It sounds like someone was given responsibility at Benton(what is this "Benton" anyway?? Is it the factory?). They appear to have a pretty good plan and time schedule. I too would ask if they are towing the boat or flat bedding it. I'd want it flat bedded but if they are towing it not only should they replaced the tires(as they said they would) but they should also re-pack the bearings in the trailer. I would also demand a professional whole boat detail. Aside from this and assuming the repair work goes as planned I personally find the other reparations to be pretty good although they didnt detail the number of payments they would concede. I suggest if the boat was at Smith and JOA for 6 months then 6 monthly payments is acceptable. They could have avoided that had they been more responsive. Their fault not yours!

This is an enormous hit for them as a company. If I was anyone of rank in BRP this would infuriate me to have to concede this amount of money because of either inept people in my organization or just poor management programs. In fact people get fired for this sort of thing. People should get terminated actually. Something in the system was broken. Perhaps this might improve things for the rest of us???

Tony, this is your boat and only you will make the decision on where to go with this. If it were my boat I would probably go with this schedule providing the number of covered payments were acceptable. If the boat is returned and ANYTHING is incomplete then the gloves come off and I would go straight to the BBB and let the chips fall where they may.

Thank you for sharing this experience with us all. I believe all of us will benefit from this experience as will future Seadoo boat owners.

Craig

"Mr. and Mrs. Van Zant,

Additionally:

If you go along with it and your boat doesn't get back in time like they promise, you could always report it stolen.....

Ok we are going to let them take the boat to Benton. in all reality what other choice do we have? They are going to send me a transport cover, and when the boat is on its way back they are placing 4 new tires in the boat for me to change out.:)and they gauaranteed that the boat would be back by Friday, Only an act of god would prevent it. And that there would be other compensation if it wasn't. Also a 48 month BEST warranty. (Found out that Smithsports took me like they did Craig and sold me so interstate warranty POS that doesn't cover S_ _ T) Along with a new SeaDoo cover and a OK $ amount. Not really happy with the figure but i guess it will have to do as we are just over dealing with this and just want to go BOATING.:rofl:

I Just wanted to thank everybody that has commented on our situtation with BRP, your support and advise has really help.:hurray:

I think BRP has along way to go with their Customer Support and with the trainning they give their Dealers.

Going out this weekend and will post some pics next week.

I love this forum.:cheers:

Tony,

I'm reserving my celebratory comments for when your boat is returned to you. What is this Benton facility anyway?

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back