08 230 wake

This poll is deleted

• yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony, You must be on some kind of seditive or booze cause I'd have popped a cork by now. You deserve a medal for all you've been through. From the time you purchased this boat to now, how many days have you had the boat in your possession Vs in the shop?

Craig

No booze or drugs just wanting for my revenge. I haven't add up the time yet but it has been around 3 months total I think that its been at the dealer. Just waiting until it all done to make my requestssssssssssss for compensation.$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :rofl:

here we go

Ok it seems that Sea Doo doesn't want this thread to go on to the second page, because everytime it does something else happens. Heres the latest.

Hello guys,

An update for you both, we have received the new glove box lid as you both know. Sea Doo has changed the hood slightly and we now have to order all hardware for the 2009 glove box lid sent so that it will work on the 2008 boat. We are getting new hinges, screws, rivets and necessary hardware to properly install the glove box lid.

Greg Walczuk
Service Advisor
JOA Marine
770-945-0530
gregwalczuk@joamarine.com

And my reply was

Greg

Thank you for the update, I have been out of town last week and was just getting ready to call you for an update. As we last spoke you were going to start work on it Thursday the 9th. When was it discovered that it didn’t come with the hardware needed to install it?
Nancy why did it not come with the hardware needed to install it?

This just goes as par for the way SEA DOO has handled this situation.

Now for those of you who don't know Nancy Larsen is the person handle my situation with Sea Doo she is a BRP employee.

:boxing_smiley::boxing_smiley::boxing_smiley::boxing_smiley:

Tony,

You are corresponding with them in a professional tone and very patient. Far more patient that I could ever dream of. Insist Nancy arrange for the other parts to be fed-ex'd overnight to JOA. The weather is getting better every day and you need this boat back!

Craig

Sea Don't

:rant:I feel sorry for every Sea Don't dealer out there. As I sent yet another email to BRP and got a responce that my contact would be out of the office until the 27th of April (two weeks) Then I get an email from her and it says that they sent the glove box lid out in a timely matter and there was a one week delay do to ordering the wrong part, and that it was not known that it would need a different hinge and that the dealer should call there parts analyst or sport-boat specific technical service rep if ther is a parts supply issue. Well if she would have called then her self before ordering the glove box lid she would have know that there is a differnce in the 09 and 08 and it would take a different hinge. She is the third person that has handle (for lack of a better term) my issues. So now I get a call from the second person asking me just to send emails to him and her and not to everyone else. I have a list of people at BRP that I cc on every email as this is the only way I get a responce.
7 weeks now that the boat has been at the dealer.
And in NO WAY has it been their fault. I want make that point clear. But she commented that "JOA has been a long time dealership and I'm sure they are doing their best to repair your boat as soon as possible"
Yea I'm sure they would have had it done by now if BRP would do there part.

Craig I was just as professional as the last time but expressed my thought of acquriing a lawyer.

Tony,

I totally appeciate your frustration. As much as I like my Utopia, I will probably try a Yamaha next time. They may not be any better but due to some of the stuff I've witnessed with my experience and yours, I will try another brand next. My boat is also back at the dealer for a few things that I'll get into in another thread as not to hyjack this one.

Please refresh my memory, how many outtings have you had the boat on the water? How many hours do you have?

Craig

When Smith's did the winterizing I got the paperwork back and they showed the hours at 12. And I've had the boat 9 months and of that 9 months its been at a dealer for atleast 4 1/2 months I need to sit down and go thru the email and figure out exactly how long. Yea the wife wanted to go with the Yamaha (she liked the back of it better) but as a male I wanted the increase in HP so we went with the Sea Doo.:agree:

When Smith's did the winterizing I got the paperwork back and they showed the hours at 12. And I've had the boat 9 months and of that 9 months its been at a dealer for atleast 4 1/2 months I need to sit down and go thru the email and figure out exactly how long. Yea the wife wanted to go with the Yamaha (she liked the back of it better) but as a male I wanted the increase in HP so we went with the Sea Doo.:agree:

DANG, ill bet you havent heard the end of it from her by now. but you cant justify buying a boat by saying "the back end looks better on this one than the other one".

when choosing women, maybe, but not boats. its whats on the inside that counts:reddevil:

Ya I have a great wife not one word that we should have bought the Yamamha. And she pissed off more at Sea Doo than I have been just not let her loose on them YET>:boxing_smiley:

help

Just wanted to put a thought I had out there and the moderators can advise me one way or the other.
Wanted to see how many people I can get to email my contact at BRP to put the press on to get my boat fixed and back to me before I loose another weekend.:hurray:

I have added a poll at the top please give me feed back to se how many I can get to email them

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony,

I'll e-mail if need be...In fact I'm getting more and more anxious by the day about my boat so I have no reservations. I looked at a Yamaha SX210 yesterday and am giving serious consideration of selling my new Utopia 205 after what I saw.

Lets blitz 'em!

Craig

just got a call from BRP in responce to the two emails I sent today. He tells me that the parts have been shipped and he will contact me when the get to the dealer. I ask when did they ship he dance around the questions and says they will be there quicker than I think. I ask again how did they ship he say he had then shipped as fast as he could. I said overnight would be the fast way and he stated he is tracking them via UPS and i said well then you can see how they shipped ground, 2 day overnight and again he just say that they will be there before i know it. I stated to laugh as this is getting absurd the fact that he won't tell me how this shipped. So then he say your laughing sir so i have to go now goodbye sir and hangs up.:rant::boxing_smiley::agree:

count me in on the email. what ever i can do to help. these things can be the most frustrating, but i think alls its going to take is showing them how many people have viewed the post and how many owners dont think what they've done is right.

:lols:

go ahead craig. buy a yami. well all laugh at you when your starting a post like this one....:seeya:

Tony,

I'll e-mail if need be...In fact I'm getting more and more anxious by the day about my boat so I have no reservations. I looked at a Yamaha SX210 yesterday and am giving serious consideration of selling my new Utopia 205 after what I saw.

Lets blitz 'em!

Craig

I might consider a Yamaha, when they have an AR180... nothing they've got compares to the Challenger 180cs for size or price... a 21' boat is more than I want or need or can afford...
In fact I haven't seen much of anything that is similar to the 180 from other companies... No way you are going to convince me that a mercruiser 135 sterndrive compares to a 255 hp jet

I haven't replied to the poll, as I don't really think it would help for a whole bunch of people to call.
Obviously you should have gotten better service, but having 20/30/40 people call in and whine seems like it would only annoy them, it won't fix it.

It sounds like your boat should be complete once the glove box is in? Has the dealer gotten the parts yet?

Yea I understand my intend was not to have people call, it was to Email and letter of support on the fact its taken 5 weeks to replace the glove box lid on a 08 wake edtion challenger. Its just that the furstration level is very high do to the fact it was 80 today and going to be 80 all weekend. :rant:

I understand you anger in not being able to enjoy the boat. You are welcome to come to Phoenix and join us at the lake.... Plenty of lake bunnies around this time of year (just tell the wife it's a business trip)

Lake bunnies.......I'll be there this afternoon!!!!

Tony, If I spent 40 large on a brand new boat I dont know how I'd respond man. Mine had been in the shop almost as much as yours but I have considerably less invested. I prepared myself going into this that I was going to have to sort out alot of issues with the boat that would be no financial cost to me other than constantly delivering my boat to the dealer an hour away.

My hope for you is that this will be the final weekend without the boat. With luck, any issues you have with the boat this summer will wait till late fall and JOA can have it back then.

Everyone, please contribute boat loads of good karma Tonys direction.

Bring home Tonys boat to him wednesday!!!!!!!

Craig

Is JOA far from you?
It is almost like they should've let you take the boat for the last few weeks until they get the parts in... if they're an hour each way, then I understand...
What a pain! If I wasn't about to go on a cruise, I'd be doing all I could to get mine done for tomorrow... still gotta sand off the rest of the spray paint from gelcoat...

Every bit of karma I can take from the previous owner of my boat I'm sending your way, Tony... anybody that would spray paint boat seats while in the boat doesn't deserve it.

Upadate

As the story goes, I finally got a call back from the Manger of Customer Service. And the only reason why he called was that I contiued to email people. To the fact I was lied too. And he explaination was that customer service rep don't order parts and can't see in their system that they have shipped. He comment that I have found serveral short falls in their system. And basiclly ask he what he was going to do as far as compensaion and he said why lets wait until we get the boat back. And He wanted to know what I was expecting and I said why what does it cost to rent a boat per day? He said that I can't rental a boat like that but maybe $50 to $100 a day.
After we get off the phone I get a reply back from his customer service rep on emails that I sent her asking for a status etc. And guess what she deleted them without being read. (Good thing about Office outlook you can tell if and when someone reads an email you sent them). So I forwarded them to him.
That was Friday the 1st, Then Sat afternoon I get and email from the same one that deleted the others that JOA couldn't finish and needed more parts and she expected them to ship on Monday the 4th.
So I called JOA today the 4th to find out what else they needed and I get no answer at the dealer at all. check the web site and they are open today.

So give me some ideas on what you guys theink I need to accept as far as compensation?

Here's what I would do......

Why not ask for a new boat?

Craig

As the story goes, I finally got a call back from the Manger of Customer Service. And the only reason why he called was that I contiued to email people. To the fact I was lied too. And he explaination was that customer service rep don't order parts and can't see in their system that they have shipped. He comment that I have found serveral short falls in their system. And basiclly ask he what he was going to do as far as compensaion and he said why lets wait until we get the boat back. And He wanted to know what I was expecting and I said why what does it cost to rent a boat per day? He said that I can't rental a boat like that but maybe $50 to $100 a day.
After we get off the phone I get a reply back from his customer service rep on emails that I sent her asking for a status etc. And guess what she deleted them without being read. (Good thing about Office outlook you can tell if and when someone reads an email you sent them). So I forwarded them to him.
That was Friday the 1st, Then Sat afternoon I get and email from the same one that deleted the others that JOA couldn't finish and needed more parts and she expected them to ship on Monday the 4th.
So I called JOA today the 4th to find out what else they needed and I get no answer at the dealer at all. check the web site and they are open today.

So give me some ideas on what you guys theink I need to accept as far as compensation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back