Wake pro 230 fault code p0298

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Romeo1791

Hi guys could do with a massive help.

I currently have a wake pro 230 2018 model. Owned this ski about 1 year.

Recently I have been having an issue that the ski will throw up a fault code P0298.

The code appears around 1 hour or more of riding and the ski will say check engine and the light will come on and the ski will go in to limp mode. But then when you let go of the throttle about 5 to 10 seconds the engine light goes off and the ski resets itself. And then the ski is back to normal for a few minutes.

Most recently I had noticed that when going at full throttle in touring or sport mode this is the majority of the time it will happen.

Prior to this happening I did notice that my ski will beep sometimes hitting some hard waves when Landing.

Any ideas as this is rattling my brain and the dealer is no help.

Oil pressure switch night temp sensor changed new wear ring as well and it is still happening

Thank you

Try changing your oil and filter and make sure the oil quantity is correct and you have your oil filter gaskets installed correctly. Use directions in a service manual for both.

Try changing your oil and filter and make sure the oil quantity is correct and you have your oil filter gaskets installed correctly. Use directions in a service manual for both.
The dealer changed the oil and I believe oil filter. They haven’t touched the gasket. Would this be the seal or main head.

As trying to eliminate this is driving me insane

Thank you for your response

That code is high oil temp and most likely you have a partial blockage in your cooling system which is not cooling the oil properly. The rear cooling hose from the pump is a common spot. From another post with the exact same code.
attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

That code is high oil temp and most likely you have a partial blockage in your cooling system which is not cooling the oil properly. The rear cooling hose from the pump is a common spot. From another post with the exact same code.
View attachment 61214

View attachment 61215

View attachment 61216
they had changed that sensor as they thought it was that. May have a look at that one in the week. As I know when I flush the ski the flow of water coming out the back hole is fine with the pressure etc. do you know what they done after the blockage was removed

I've yet to see a bad oil temp sensor, they are very reliable except can leak oil when the aluminum washer corrodes mostly due to saltwater environment. You can also check the 2 thermostats, they fail way more than the temp sensors.

When you flush the ski, the water flow is back flowed so the water flow in and out will be fine. You are looking for only a slight reduction in flow which is why it throws the code at full throttle only usually for an extended period of time which is when it needs maximum cooling so you will never be able to duplicate it on the trailer.

I've removed several blockages in this same area and is fairly common especially if you ride in areas with any seaweed or small debris at all. There is a small screen in the entrance of the pressured water flow of the pump, a water restrictor washer where the pump mounts to the hull, and a T-fitting downstream from there that all can clog up slightly and reduce the flow just enough to throw that code.

I've yet to see a bad oil temp sensor, they are very reliable except can leak oil when the aluminum washer corrodes mostly due to saltwater environment. You can also check the 2 thermostats, they fail way more than the temp sensors.

When you flush the ski, the water flow is back flowed so the water flow in and out will be fine. You are looking for only a slight reduction in flow which is why it throws the code at full throttle only usually for an extended period of time which is when it needs maximum cooling so you will never be able to duplicate it on the trailer.

I've removed several blockages in this same area and is fairly common especially if you ride in areas with any seaweed or small debris at all. There is a small screen in the entrance of the pressured water flow of the pump, a water restrictor washer where the pump mounts to the hull, and a T-fitting downstream from there that all can clog up slightly and reduce the flow just enough to throw that code.
They in Italy changed the thermostat as they stated that they noticed the fault code would come up when it got to a certain temperature so they changed it but then of course it happened again. I then got the wear ring impeller done as that was slightly knackered along with the oil pressure sensor and switch and worked fine one day then it’s began to happen again.

Is it easily doable to do myself if I took the top off as I would not be to sure where to start looking

Take the top off?! You're not going to take the top off. You can reach back to the pump inlet hose from under the seat. Yes, it's easy to do.

Take the top off?! You're not going to take the top off. You can reach back to the pump inlet hose from under the seat. Yes, it's easy to do.
Sorry I mean the plastic cover that’s under the seat so it’s just move accessible.

Is there any videos online that you would know of that I can see roughly where I am looking at.

Thank you

Hello quick update taken off the two t hose pipes that I could see. And. Toning appears blocked. I then took the pipe from the engine to the inter cooler box. And in there appears to be some oil and condensation. I’ve checked my oil level and that appears it’s to full as it’s over the second line. Would there be any further suggestion maybe

Thank you

I will have a look when I next run the ski on some water as I noticed today that on the oil stick the oil level was a bit to far over the second line.

I did check for any debris in the t sections but couldn’t seem to find anything.

Anything else you may suggest once the oil filter is changed. As well

Thank you

Hello, have you solved this problem yet? I have rxt-x300 2017 drive 70 hours and i have the same problem
Hi there yes my problem was solved before you do what I had done I would suggest follow the steps above see if you have any blockages. But ultimately I needed a new oil cooler. And the pipe work re adjusted so keeps the engine oil a lot cooler

Hey guys run into the same issue with a 230 GTR 2020. Figure any other reasons why ?
It’s a hard one to eliminate. Because before having my oil cooler changed. I firstly changed the wear ring I changed the thermostat. Once the oil cooler was changed and the pipes re rooted it’s been fine. But check to see if you got any blockages in your pipers that restricts the flow etc firstly as this is stuff you could do without taking it to a dealer.

It’s a hard one to eliminate. Because before having my oil cooler changed. I firstly changed the wear ring I changed the thermostat. Once the oil cooler was changed and the pipes re rooted it’s been fine. But check to see if you got any blockages in your pipers that restricts the flow etc firstly as this is stuff you could do without taking it to a dealer.
Yeah sweet, thanks for your help bruz!

View attachment 61214

View attachment 61215

View attachment 61216
hello.,i have the same problem p0298,but it happened after am driving 30 min of driving and the engine temp.is 190 max,is it normal temp. also

Back