2008 Challenger 230, Need replacement Bow Tonneau Cover ideas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JTFL

I'm reaching out after two weeks worth of frustration over something that should be simple.

I have to replace my Sunbrella Tonneau Cover. I know there are patterns for this but I'm running into having to travel and leave my boat with people that say they need it for a "custom" fit. I have a non-custom Sea-Doo 230, that used to have covers available from the Dealer, though expensive, were ready to ship because of the patterns already made. As an example, I called a company in Utah that have a pattern made already for a 230 wake that would have been $375 (great!) but because my boat doesn't say wake I guess, (they changed there mind abruptly) they won't sell me a cover, yet they are the same boat! The cover on there web page fitted to the red 230 wake are the same as what I had.

The original covers came from a company in Canada and were made from the OE patterns, sadly nothing will be coming from them for 6 months at minimum, if they stay in business. I have prices here in Florida for a Tonneau cover that are $675, and I would actually pay it if they had it ready to ship, but having to travel and leave it for who knows actually how long, I'm not very eager for that solution, so here I am asking the community.

I have to believe there are people in our community that know of the companies with these patterns that can sell me a Tonneau cover. If it is truly this bad, what does it take to make my own covers? I do all the service on my boat already, I've built many things mechanically, but I don't know anything about sewing.

I'm actually not interested in a cheap price as the only evaluation for the purchase, just a reasonable replacement, even if I have to install the snaps myself to fit whats on the boat already. I just can't afford the rampant fraud, cons, bankruptcies, and theft that goes on here in Florida with the reluctance of prosecutors to prosecute and no hope of reimbursement for losses.

How do people get replacements Bow Tonneau Covers now?

I'm reaching out after two weeks worth of frustration over something that should be simple.

I have to replace my Sunbrella Tonneau Cover. I know there are patterns for this but I'm running into having to travel and leave my boat with people that say they need it for a "custom" fit. I have a non-custom Sea-Doo 230, that used to have covers available from the Dealer, though expensive, were ready to ship because of the patterns already made. As an example, I called a company in Utah that have a pattern made already for a 230 wake that would have been $375 (great!) but because my boat doesn't say wake I guess, (they changed there mind abruptly) they won't sell me a cover, yet they are the same boat! The cover on there web page fitted to the red 230 wake are the same as what I had.

The original covers came from a company in Canada and were made from the OE patterns, sadly nothing will be coming from them for 6 months at minimum, if they stay in business. I have prices here in Florida for a Tonneau cover that are $675, and I would actually pay it if they had it ready to ship, but having to travel and leave it for who knows actually how long, I'm not very eager for that solution, so here I am asking the community.

I have to believe there are people in our community that know of the companies with these patterns that can sell me a Tonneau cover. If it is truly this bad, what does it take to make my own covers? I do all the service on my boat already, I've built many things mechanically, but I don't know anything about sewing.

I'm actually not interested in a cheap price as the only evaluation for the purchase, just a reasonable replacement, even if I have to install the snaps myself to fit whats on the boat already. I just can't afford the rampant fraud, cons, bankruptcies, and theft that goes on here in Florida with the reluctance of prosecutors to prosecute and no hope of reimbursement for losses.

Many, many boat owners go to a marine canvas shop and show them the boat, with it’s snaps already in place and the guy will say, “no problem, we are a little backed up but in a couple of months we can make it.” The cover you want, or covers if you want the cockpit cover also, is the simplest thing in the world for a canvas shop. No pattern needed, but they will need your boat since the snaps are installed one by one to match you boat snaps.

I had a local tent and awning company make me a custom snap-in bow and cockpit cover. They did a pretty good job. They had never done it before… was around $500-$600 range.

Attachments

• FD047CD4-5823-48FC-B1B0-420E6752CCB9.jpeg
    FD047CD4-5823-48FC-B1B0-420E6752CCB9.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 2C23CF76-C703-46B2-A112-5D487149C83D.jpeg
    2C23CF76-C703-46B2-A112-5D487149C83D.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 20
Hi, Its Terri from Poppy Company, I get this question daily. The best thing to do is to take your cock pit/bow cover to a local upholstery shop and have it copied. Its the pattern to your snaps. That way you are not re-drilling or re-gelcoating your boat. We do not make them for that reason. The snaps in a premade cover is always off a little making it not fit, not go on, or prematurely wear around the snap.

If you don't have the canvas they will need boat.

You will want to at least take the boat by for snap fitment so its perfect.

Maybe this will give you some ideas. I like my fiberglass and swim deck covered from the sun. I have had boats my entire life and that’s critical to keeping it prestine. To each is own on the look but I had this done for protection and ease of keeping it on my dock.

New cover and Bimini Sea Doo 230
New cover and Bimini Sea Doo 230

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back