08 230 wake

This poll is deleted

• yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did mention that craig and the Customer service guy and like other have mention 99% of the issues are do to incompetence Not issues with the product. Just because BRP has the most incompetent Customer service personel and a dealer that doesn't care about after the sales service its not a reason to grant a new boat. They arleady have my money so what incentive do they have to give me a new boat? That why I thought about have other post there disapointment in the Support or service I hve recevied.

Every Penny.

Take the Boat back to the Dealership.
Demand every Penny back. Plus Your Valuable time You could have been
spending boating in another Brand of Boat.
Then turn Your Wife Loose on them.

Its the pont though

Tony,

I know they have little incentive to give you another boat but I would still ask for this in every conversation if not for anything more than planting the thought in their head that you may go legal at some point and that it'll be easier for them to just FIX THE DAMN BOAT! Its one thing to have some poor craftsmanship in the product but its an entirely different thing to have such ridiculously poor customer service after the sale. With so many boat companies struggling in this economy there are other brands out there with better dealer networks begging for your boating dollar they'll trip over themselves to provide good service.

I love my boat but after my experiences and yours, I'll never buy another BRP product. Its this kind of customer mindset on forums like this that BRP doesnt need. THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST FIXED THE DAMN BOAT!!!!!

Craig

I did mention that craig and the Customer service guy and like other have mention 99% of the issues are do to incompetence Not issues with the product. Just because BRP has the most incompetent Customer service personel and a dealer that doesn't care about after the sales service its not a reason to grant a new boat. They arleady have my money so what incentive do they have to give me a new boat? That why I thought about have other post there disapointment in the Support or service I hve recevied.

Email from BRP Friday night and JOA didn't get the boat finish they now need more parts. So Mon I tried all day to call the dealer and never could get it to answer. So Tue I see that the service writer at JOA had read my email asking why was going on, gave him about 30 mins but he didn't responce so I called. The used the wrong rivits to attach the glove box lid and some how srewed it up and the three different parts that thy did order last week they got two of the same part and one wrong part. So they were to get the new glove box lid yesterday? Now how is that we have to wait a month for the first lid and now we can get one overnight?
How do you use the wrong rivits when at one time I was told they were waiting on the rivits?
I swear I'm talking to lawyers (no offence) but I don't understand how.:banghead:

For the love of god why does it take months to fix a simple glove box????? This isnt rocket science!!!

Chant with me brothers:

FIX TONYS BOAT!:rant:

Craig

Thanks Craig atleast you have given me something to laugh at. Just got an eamil from JOA say they have received all the parts and he is have a tech back on my boat today? Just hope thy don't need more parts?:toetap05::cuss:

So give me some ideas on what you guys think I need to accept as far as compensation?

While a new 2009 boat would be nice, it isn't going to happen...
$50/day for each day they had it (multiplied by 6 months = about $9000) also is unlikely to happen...

If you had the boat all this time, how many times would you have taken it out? Really. Maybe once a week for about 4 months? So if it is $200/day for boat rental (a little more reasonable) X 16 weeks -> about $3200. Still unlikely, but I think if I was in your shoes I'd be aiming for about that much.

What about product? I was going to suggest a wake tower but you've already got one.
I remember a previous picture showed a cover too so you've already got that..... And I remember that you had problems with the carpet snaps, so I guess you've already got a carpet too ;)

How long is the warranty you currently have? What about adding another 3 years of warranty, and free *full* winterization for the next 5 years, including shrinkwrapping?

Emailed JOA this morning at about 10am and he read it at 10:11am and its now 2pm and still have not heard back from him. :boxing_smiley:

I can tell you if it was me, with this weekend's weather, I'd go up there, hook up the truck and drive it away, and if they still had a tech sitting in the boat, hell he'd be coming too :)

Tony,

You deserve some degree of reperation for all the time your boats been in the shop. $20/day aught to do it. between the time it spent at Smith and now at JOA, thats some serious coin. Since they refuse to fix the boat(by their inaction) at some point you have to hire an attorney to at least write the letter.

Craig

Well yet again another update well sorta. Called JOA and Greg the service advisor not in he's delivering a boat. So the guy I talk to doesn't know anything other than he knew Greg had been on the phone with Sea Doo because the glove box doesn't work???????? So I called Jimmie Odell the manger of customer service and ask him to please check on it as I haven't heard from Nancy Larson at BRP and he tells me he has not over that dept anymore but he would call Nancy and have heer contact me. Great

I think at this point BRP is not meeting their warranty obligation and could be taken to court. At some point you have to go legal. This company is appearing more inept with each passing day.

Craig

Guess what an 09 glove box doesn't fit an 08 the magnet is in the opposite location so now she has a call into the production people to see what they can do as there is not fix or memo on this as what to do in this case. And now the manager of customer service has been promoted and he won't deal with me and won't give the name of the new person and Nancy tells me that she is my contact and there is no upper level that I can talk to. :bs:
What a crock of _ hit.

Sorry guys but now wish I had never bought a $50,000 Sea Doo Sport Boat.

As 3 months to fix one glove box lid is beyond funny.

I think again if it were me, I'd say...

Okay, it doesn't fit... so bring me back the boat, I'll use it without the glove box 'till you figure it out, then you can send out a tech with the correct lid once its sorted.

I wouldn't let them hold the boat at all, they can send out a mobile tech... a glove box lid and some rivets don't justify holding the boat.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:So I call JOA to get the story from them on the Glove box now this is Friday at 5 so I don't expect to get them. I call the receptionist says they have all left. OKay, them not one minute later I get a responce from them about the email I sent that morning. So I call back and tell the receptionist that he just sent me an email can you please page him. About 3 mins later she get back on the phone and says "He said that I you need him to Email him he is walking out the door".
so this morning I start emailing to find out whats going on. BRP responce.

Mr. Van Zant,

They are making a fiberglass glove box lid for your boat. We expect that it will be ready for shipping on Wednesday. The lid and additional hardware will be sent. As we have done in the past, we will ship it UPS overnight to the dealer.

Nancy

My respoce to that.

So I’m assuming that we have go over this twice with the all the people that we need to, To make sure that we have all the parts need?
If it ships on Wednesday that they will get it Thursday. Will you make the arrangements with the service manager at JOA to have the work done on Thursday as I will need the boat back on Friday Done or not. If this is not feasible than the boat need to come back to me on Friday and we can set up another time to have it picked up. As I will not go another weekend without a boat. It is season and you have had 6 months to fix this problem and it has not been taken care in a timely manner.
As you stated before they wait to schedule work unit they have the parts and I this will delay the repair over the weekend and this is not expectable.
I still do not understand why this was not the road we took three months ago when we need the glove box the first time?

:rant::boxing_smiley:

Good plan. You can't be without the boat any more, this is rediculous.
As I said before, it doesn't seem like there is any reason they couldn't send out a tech with a dewalt cordless drill, a box of rivets, and a rivet gun... should only take them 15 minutes... so if they can't get it done on thursday at the store then they should bring it back to you either way.

Good luck!

Tony,

I hope the darn battery on the boat still has a charge after all the time in the shops! Does it look like you'll be on the lake this weekend?

Craig

Yea I will be on the lake sometime this weekend!!!!!!!

Read this responce from BRP
BRP
I spoke with Paul today about your request to have the boat back on Friday.

Nancy

ME
Who is Paul and what did he say?

BRP

Paul is the service manager. At this time Greg is working at the other location.

I told him that you needed it back on Friday. He will have to find someone who can do that. He didn't have a name for me at this time.

Nancy

Me

Well I don't understand the Email. Greg is a services Advisor not a Technician?

BRP

I was explaining to you that Greg wasn't at that dealership today. He was working at the other JOA store.

So who know what is going on over there. I will bet that the battery is DEAD its been there fro over 3 months with out a charge.

Par for the course.

You know, this reminds me of the cliche'......Treat a customer right, they tell somebody.......Treat a customer poorly, they tell EVERYBODY!!!!

Craig

Well I sent a email yesterday to Nancy at BRP asking for an update but as of 9am Friday the 15th I have not heard anything. Go figure.:mad:

Gee, do you get the feeling they dont care if you get your boat back or not?

Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to call right now to see. Gald I have over 300hp or you might not even be talking to me?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok she said that they had a confernce call yesterday with JOA and that the engineers said that the parts they have will work. and supposely that they called JOA and walked then though something on how to do it. But she has been trying to call JOA today and hasn't been able to get ahold of them. She said that they know that the boat needed to be delivered back to me today.
So again I DON'T KNOW NNNOOOOOTHING.:hurray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back