Went to fire up my Speedster 150 and flush port seems clogged

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FOCOhalsoft

Went out today as part of my every 3 months maintenance battery charge and engine fire-up on my Speedster 150.

Engine fired right up, turned on the hose and NADA no water making it in... turned off hose then engine immediately... Ran no longer than 10 secs.

Pulled off my flush port extension, and made sure no obstruction and put it back on. Attempted again, same exact issue.

3 months ago I performed this operation without issue, and put the boat back in her storage area where she has sat covered.

I do not see any sign of sabotage or tampering. The storage is in central Florida, there are bugs, wasps, lizards, snakes and more... I saw someone talking about Mud Dawbers causing clogs...

Anyone have a down and dirty methods to address this issue in a SeaDoo Sport Boat? Compressed air?? Flimsy Coat Hanger??

Thanks in advance... HH

Service manual, hose diagram, and then start pulling and checking hoses. It back flushes all the cooling hoses in the open loop system. Exhaust, IBR, and intercooler if so equipped.

There has been some discussion on the forum why water does not come out the flushing adapter when cooling water pressure is being supplied by the jet pump, so there might be a check valve preventing flow if you try to back flush the adapter when troubleshooting.

Last edited:
Copy that, thanks. I will try some high pressure air, then start taking apart the back flush hose assembly.
Someone parked next to me in the boat storage stated they have had some mud dawbers around their boat building stuff. So away I go, thanks forum...

Don't use high pressure air to blow in the flush port as you will be pushing the clog into your exhaust j-pipe which will clog up the 3 small holes. The flush port goes to the j-pipe and is very easy to access from the inside. What normally happens is the clog from mud daubers will be just inside the flush port. All you have to do is remove the hose from the j-pipe and blow through it with your mouth or high pressure air if needed and then water. Should take 5 minutes total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back