1996 Speedster No Fire Port Engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hello All,
I just picked up my first Seadoo Boat... 1996 Speedster. Doing some troubleshooting a No Fire condition on the port engine. Starboard engine starts and runs. I swapped the hot wire and the spark plug wires from the starboard coil and connected them to the right engine and it ran. Seems to be the hot wire that goes to the coil is the problem. I'm getting strange voltage readings on the hot wire for the port coil. I'm seeing 322volts DC which is impossible.

I'm wondering if the Port engine could have problems in the mag housing or a bad plug on the mag. I can't find a wiring diagram for the 1996 Speedster so I looked at the 1995 an 1997. The 1995 looks good to me for the boat. I hope it isn't an MPEM issue. The wire come right out of the MPEM splits and one side goes to the ignition coil. I'm gonna do some troubleshooting on this but help is definitely appreciated. It's much cleaner now. Don't ask what they hell those are on the port engine spark plugs. LOL I just bought the boat. Ha ha. I think they are the caps for the electricl box where the coil wires come out. :D

1996 Speedster Car Wash (4).JPEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back