upgrades what you think

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

93mustang97sea

Well I got this 97 spx with the 800 motor and Im thinking of doing some upgrades to it while its not being used untill the weather is good again in the spring. So what you guys think about this stuff. Going to go with a R&D SeaDoo Hyrdo-Force Nozzle 85/88 Complete Kit w/VTS Arms and Worx PWC Race Sponsons and R&D X-Tender or Wings SeaDoo 720/800 ride plates and a Worx Maxiloader Intake Grate for a SeaDoo.. Anyone else have one or more of these things and would recommend them?

........hmmmm

You could probably get a bit more out of it with a nozzle wedge or any or all of the mods you mentioned but like Joel said, that's a lot of money.

The 787 is a powerful motor on it's own. I'd think of pump mods before I would make any mods to the engine..........:cheers:

I dont mean go buy a 2009. xpl's are a good bang for the buck. but u like ur ski thats fine. if your your looking for more performance id find a 951 non di and drop that in. then do you grate and sponson uprade and re pitch your prop aswell.... whats your goal? more top end speed, handling or better accelaration?

i agree with the rest of the guys i have all of the above, R&D nozzle,Intake grate solas impeller and aftrmarket sponsons,and to tell you the truth i really didnt see much improvement except on the cornering, and thats due to the sponsons, my father always told me "You can polish sh!t all you want, but at the end its still being sh!t"

The best place to start is with some aftermarket flame arrestors and carb re-jetting. this will increase acceleration and top speed. Next, put on an aftermarket head, then a pipe and impeller, then carbs if you want. With the right parts and if properly set up, this will be trouble free and very reliable.
Do not get rid on your 97 SPX as that hull type is more fun than any Sea-Doo model made to date.

Chester

The best place to start is with some aftermarket flame arrestors and carb re-jetting. this will increase acceleration and top speed. Next, put on an aftermarket head, then a pipe and impeller, then carbs if you want. With the right parts and if properly set up, this will be trouble free and very reliable.
Do not get rid on your 97 SPX as that hull type is more fun than any Sea-Doo model made to date.

Chester

:agree: I dont ride my 97 xp i run the 96 xp or 97 spx way more fun. Mine are both stock, which is good enough for me. Not a fan of Seadoos new designs, although I have never really rode the newer skis to me they look like elephants on the water. Actually considering going to stand ups or atleast try one to see how they are.

Find some place to add a little chrome, and then order some flame decals, that alone HAS to make it go faster lol.. :cheers:

yes, stickers do make you go faster. and you look hot doing it. :coolgleam:

"work in progress" http://www.stickergiant.com/
my ride.JPG

i'm looking at throwing on some new sponsons, i just broke the left side anyway, and a new intake grate. 400 dollars for both if i order directly from worx. i just have to convince the wife that i really need them. it hit 65 mph yesterday with a broken sponson so the motor is fine. i'm looking for some tighter handling.

IMG_3080.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Chester and Josh6t. The X4 hull is still my favorite hull that I have ever been on. Don't sell it just to get something faster because all you will end up with is a ski that might accelerate a bit harder but wont be anywhere near as fun to ride. Throw some Fly or Prok flame arrestors and rejet the carbs and you will feel a world of difference.

Dont forget about the impeller, they really help the X4's. And I have to say that my XP800 is alot more fun then my old mans GSX LTD 951. Out handle that pig anyday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back