Jet settings for 787 mod

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brprxt215

Hi guys very green but in the process of learning how to build my first limited race boat(96XP). I am trying to figure out what jets to use when I rebuild my 46mm red top(mikuni) carbs. Here is a list of parts that will be used with the carbs if this helps: odyssey head with 43mm domes, spec 2 pipe with stinger jet fitting, R&D intake manifold, msd enhancer, and the pump is stock with a 88/85 reduction nozzle With a 17/22 SkatTrak and a jet dynamics #16 intake grate. Any info is greatly appreciated and I apologize in advance for any dumb sounding responses as I do not really know much.

It is very difficult to give exact jet sizes because of all of the variables involved. Group K has a very good carburetor tuning guide on their website. The Mikuni super BN manual also has some very good information on tuning and troubleshooting your carbs.

In mine, 43cc domes, and 46 buckshots,very simlar setup, pilots are 137.5, mains are 107.5, and popoff is 26.
Very nice I will take note of that. It doesn’t seem like many people are running the red top carbs so I may try and get rid of them for some novi 44s

Yeah. As I understand it red tops use a different atomizer so the jetting may be different than other Mikunis. Also, not sure if the reverse jetting works outside of Buckshots.

Novi is well known make very good carburetors that don't require much fiddling once properly set up, and they are supposed to be easier to tune in the first place.

Back then, if i had access to novi's, i would have used them,,,44's would work very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back