Ski Pylon for 96 Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JLO73

Has anyone built their own ski pylon? I am wanting to drill a hole and put it on the side of the engine cover latch in the hull. Specifically I want to see the brackets you made for the tube and how you mounted them. I want to make a tube within a tube so I can lower it when not in use. What is the maximum safe height for the pylon for this boat without adding outer support rods?

Thanks

Anybody? I've searched the forum and haven't found any good pics. Want to build my own and need some ideas on how to make the mount points to the hull.

The 95/96 Challenger had a small extendable pole probably right where you are wanting to mount it...Check OEM parts or junk boats and u may be able to strip,buy, drill, mount onto yours...Just a idea. Not the Boat know all on here :) good like

I can't help with your project but to answer about the height...the factory pop up pylon on the speedsters only pop up like 6 to 8". So i don't think you should go too high.

Hey Foster this sounds like a good upgrade..Is installing a factory pylon on my 96 speedster optional? The 95/96/97 challengers all had them. I wonder why mine does not :( Without doin much research yet I wonder if anyone has ever done this

It probably wouldn't be that hard to add. I know I've looked at mine and the way its mounted in there doesn't look like much. I can try to take some pics to give you an idea. I think the hardest part would be drilling the hole in the storage hatch cover.

Im going to build my own wake pylon with DIY info i got off the net, it resembles the Insanity Pylon.

1x Post Jack
wood for a base
2-3 nylon rachet straps for anchoring to the boat
Eye hooks and few other things you can do it for under $100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back