SBT Valves? Need to work on my head ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMANN06

Hey All, new to the 4tec side of this forum.

I really like sbt but always like to ask ...

Anybody used their valves? I need to do some head work and change out the valves (both sides) on two of my cylinders. If i use dealer it's about 4x times cost but always value opionions for members with experience I'd rather pay a premium than pull the head in a year... I've been thinking about just getting a rebuilt head but the head is in great condition other than some valves outta spec.

Any input is appreciated!!

For anybody interested I found the 4tec exhaust vavles for 29.99 a piece at JKWaterParts here is a link to their site ... They have extrememly competitive prices on 4 tec parts.

http://www.jkwaterparts.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Too funny ... :lols:

Pulled the head today and took the intake and exhaust valves out. I'm in pretty good shape (I was expecting worse). Just have to replace the exhaust valves; 3 of them are proper F***'d but I'm going to replace all 6 anyways the last 3 are just inside acceptable spec. Intake side valves are perfect. Then 2 exhaust rocker arms and this bitch is ready for assembly. The shop had already installed the new timing chain onto crank so I'm good to go there. I'm super happy with where I'm at ... My total investment including travel (ontario to ohio) and the parts I need to fix this is going to put me right around $2900-$3000 all in. Of course my time on travel,research and assembly but I don't count that. I know that sounds a little expensive for you guys, but this ski will get 6gs in running condition up here (without a trailer). But the woman was checking it out pretty good last night ... I think we're keepin' it.

Good deal, its still worh over that much anywhere. If you decide to sell it, you should make a few bucks.

Yah I think so .. I did forget to add the $978 for a brand new '11 trailer (marina was blowin' em out at their cost ... winters comin')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back