RXP Performance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

insaneta

I'm not going to be doing much to my RXP at least until the end of the summer but I thought it would be a good idea to get all the RXP Ideas in one place. I've heard of fairly easy exhaust mods and intake mods that free it up. I've also heard of chips for them. I know mine tops out at about 69or70mph. I was told the skis basically have a governer on them to stop them from going faster then that. Does anyone know is that to protect you or the Ski?
Well post your ideas/ mods or anything else you've got done or plan to do.

Speed limits?

The PWC's from the manafacturer have been limited by law not to exceed 70 mph for safety resons.
Is there a way to get around it. Yes. You will have to mod it out. With mod, comes a lot of extra money. The MPEM is designed to control the rmp limiter, which is what holds the speed down. You can have it programmed to run faster and with the addition of extra parts, ie exhaust and fuel, then you'd probably pick up a few more ponies for speedl..........

:agree: It does got costly to mod a seadoo. Sometimes the benefits aren't worth the extra cash unless you plan to race it.
Karl

Racing...

And anytime you mod, you will be constantly making changes. When you first get started, you're happy cause your going faster than anyone else. Then, you want more. The appetite for more never ends.

Add to that the maintenance factor too increases where as you spend more time wrenching than riding sometimes.

All the time!

Every time you take it out on the water, you'll bring it in either to fix something that broke, or you'll be tweaking something to make it a bit faster....so Karl is right, constant wrenching......or "screwdrivering".....LOL

oh yeah

:agree: i def couldnt agree more.i've been down that long and never ending road with my trans am and just cars in general. driving to fast and racing around is probably the biggest thing i've ever down to get my self in trouble. if i ever do any mods its not going to be anything very advanced like messing with the SC or boring the motor. i'd just maybe mess around with the exhaust or something but like i said to be honest i doubt i'll do that. i'd rather just know it stock in and out and know every component of it that way and just how to continuously maintain it.
i'm still curious as to what other people have done. i've heard rumors of all kinds of crazy things so i just wanted to know what was out there...lol

PWC's today!

With the horsepower generated in todays watercraft, there really is no need to do any modifications to your craft, unless you plan to race on some team or go for the Guiness book of records.....

hmmm i think its a disease. it always starts small and then once you get it in you theres nothing stopping it.lol

I love mods!

OMG been there done that ... it starts with trick ride plate...ends up as a full blown racer. Hours on hours of adjusting and re checking tuning specks, Plug readings, carb adjustments...on and on...than you get married with children...buy a jet boat relax with a cold beer and become a member of a seadoo forum...oops got to wake up from this bad dream...:rofl:
Karl

ha

glad i'm not the only one with the disease...lol for a second i thought i might be on the wrong forum. i havent caught it with my jetski yet but i can see the symptoms. i was more of an import guy a while back and ha da little celica gts and i went through the long process of throwing in a turbo and everything. probably spent close to 9k in that car. anyway i flipped it...lol it was a sad day. however the point to this story and the way i got the name i have on here is i started looking for cars to buy. inorder to save some of that money i had to buy a modded car so i ended up find this guy who use to be a marine and was married had two cars and a wife with a kid and his wife basically said i go for the trans am goes. so he hd to sell his trans am and i bought that. it has 455rwhp so for those of you that understand cars had a built ls2 in it. beautiful car. and his license plate was insaneta. anyway that was a long story to just say i've seen what you described first hand how a wife and kids cancrash those dreams....lol thats why when the g.f of three years says lets get married i say hmmmm, 21...getting out of the marine corp...nice car....badass jetski... not yet hunny

Uh, I waited till I was 29....to get married. I still love my toys, and my family comes first, so I have to work harder to keep family happy and me to.
Karl

oh yeah absolutely once you have a family they have to come first. i'm just not there yet. my dog and g.f are good enough for me

Motor and kids!

Do you know what it's like to have a motor half torn down and right in the middle of mic'ing the wall thickness or bore of a cylinder, just to have a 6 year old tugging at your pants cause she wants you to go jump on the trampoline?..............burns my butt up, but I always drop my tools and go out there and jump with her for a little while.
Then when I come back to my work, I basically have to start over. I forgot the last set of readings!................:rofl:

glad i'm not the only one with the disease...lol for a second i thought i might be on the wrong forum. i havent caught it with my jetski yet but i can see the symptoms. i was more of an import guy a while back and ha da little celica gts and i went through the long process of throwing in a turbo and everything. probably spent close to 9k in that car. anyway i flipped it...lol it was a sad day. however the point to this story and the way i got the name i have on here is i started looking for cars to buy. inorder to save some of that money i had to buy a modded car so i ended up find this guy who use to be a marine and was married had two cars and a wife with a kid and his wife basically said i go for the trans am goes. so he hd to sell his trans am and i bought that. it has 455rwhp so for those of you that understand cars had a built ls2 in it. beautiful car. and his license plate was insaneta. anyway that was a long story to just say i've seen what you described first hand how a wife and kids cancrash those dreams....lol thats why when the g.f of three years says lets get married i say hmmmm, 21...getting out of the marine corp...nice car....badass jetski... not yet hunny

If your wife is telling you what to do with your toys or anything else in your life.
Well then you married the wrong women. I am 35 and have been married for almost 9 years, and that is nowhere near the case at my house. However it goes both ways I dont really tell her what she can and cant do either.
my 2 cents

Most wives go along with hubby, unless she wears the pants in the house...in that case..sorry.!

well i'm not going to have to worry about that for awhile. were not all old men here...:rofl:

sounds like you all married the right women. my g.fs getting there....lol

Difference between men and boys, price of their toys!

well i'm not going to have to worry about that for awhile. were not all old men here...:rofl:

sounds like you all married the right women. my g.fs getting there....lol

Heck we might not be as good as we once were...but were good once as we ever were...:rofl: :rofl: :ack:

He did!

Knowing Karl, I'm sure it's not the only thing he stole!.....I think he stole those bikini clad, hot mama's hearts when he dumped them overboard too!...

Tough is right!

Tough crowd? Sounds like something Rodney Dangerfield would say!........oh, you didn’t borrow that too? :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back