Red Tip Seat Covers 96/97 GTX Seam Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC87SS

I got 2 sets of Red Tip seat covers for my 96 and 97 GTX's.
Back seat came out pretty good, started doing the front seat and was having trouble getting the front seam to lay right. For those that have used these did you align the seam with the edge, tuck it under or have it on top? In the pictures below i have only tacked the center.

291.jpg

292.jpg

I hung the covers is my 110 degree garage all day so they would soften, worked pretty good but i think i will place the rest of the pieces out in the sun tomorrow so they are real soft.

293.jpg

Here is the 1 rear seat i did.

294.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh. Black tip ;). Here is mine. Kind of sloppy but the overall looks great.
296.jpg
. I'm glad I only did one at a time. Not my favorite job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red Tip...Black Tip... Same difference. LOL

Wow just realized i need to do a major update to my signature and avatar.

Bawawawaw Red Tip... When I was younger, my friends dog had one of those and would chase everybody around...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got 1 set done. Not perfect but sure looks better then the old torn seat.

308.jpg

309.jpg

Should i put the strap back on or leave it off?

Now i get to do it all over again with the 2nd ski.

Looks much better than mine! Great job. It is a lot of work and stressful for me. I don't think the strap is needed. BTW, that glove box door really yellows. You can pull off the sticker (if you want) and then clean it really well with soft scrub or something like that. It will turn white again.

Thanks Guys.
My wife tells me all the time i am to critical and a perfectionist. It has a few ripples at the front of the front seat and the seam at rear of the front seat is a little off. The back seat i am real happy with but the (BlackTip) logo is a little higher on 1 side then the other. Can't see both sides at the same time but i know its off. Figured i would practice on the wife's ski so hopefully mine comes out better. LOL

314.jpg

Got the front seat on the 97 covered tonight. Sure was easier then the 1st time. This one took me about 15 mins. Ran out of staples so the back seat will have to wait until tomorrow. I am very happy with how this one came out.

330.jpg

331.jpg

332.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back