Need advice selecting seat cover replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
The finished product looks great, I think the wording in the DIY installation manuasl step 4 where it says " from the back of the seat upside down, pull the sides forward and around the seat bottom" is a little confusing. It may sound like they are saying to start at the back of the seat but i think they are refering to the underside of the seat. I tacked the back then started at the sides working towards the back and towards the front from the middle. Anyways, your patience paid off and you have a great looking new seat at minimal cost.

The finished product looks great, I think the wording in the DIY installation manuasl step 4 where it says " from the back of the seat upside down, pull the sides forward and around the seat bottom" is a little confusing. It may sound like they are saying to start at the back of the seat but i think they are refering to the underside of the seat. I tacked the back then started at the sides working towards the back and towards the front from the middle. Anyways, your patience paid off and you have a great looking new seat at minimal cost.
Yep, you are right, looking back at the instructions which I obviously didn't read thoroughly, the last line in Step 3 does say to tack the sides first and then tack the back.

I think I somehow just skipped reading steps 3 and 4 and just read step 5:

"Now that you have the back of your seat set just keep pulling the sides forward and down, with stapling
when the seat is set until you get to the top end. It is recommended to do both sides (right and left)
evenly in order to have any bunching be at the front of the seat."

I basically ended up stumbling into doing it in the prescribed order after realizing that tacking the entire back first was not going to work. 5 minutes to properly read the instructions would have saved me a few hours of frustration! But I never read the instructions for anything.... lesson learned!

Back