Seadoo 96-97 GTX Repairs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK... my ski crapped out on me last month but only after I got home and was flushing the engine. After much troubleshooting, testing, Parts swapping, I sent a couple of my gray boxes to Matt Braley for key set up and some sneaky trick stuff. I put the Alternate Gray Box in there and it started up perfectly (I believe that MPEM has been giving me trouble all along). I also..... pulled the rave valves and slotted them. Now my ski is set up exactly like my wife's ski and I also have a different timing curve. Hopefully that will at least get me going the same speed as her. I am tired of the beat down. We aren't far off but mile or 2 per hour lets you walk right on by at top speed. LOL We are going riding today. If My ski is faster I'm not gonna let her know it. Muhaahaahaa !!!

Back to the drawing board. she beat me even worse this time. I warmed up my ski and gave it some throttle and got it up on the plane and cruised at about 30mph for a bit. Then I dropped the hammer. It pulled pretty good when it hit 48 on the speedo it started missing and would only hold 5500RPM. Ran there for a few minutes then inched back up but the RPMs would not come back. 6500 was it. Seems like it sputters but I can't feel it at wide open throttle. When I nail the throttle it will only hold strong at 6300 RPMs takes it a bit to get up to 6500. I don't believe the Tach is all the accurate it is just a measurement for me. For instance, my wife's ski is running 6600 RPM and she is bumping 52mph.

Gonna be interesting but I"m gonna find it.

This is the 97' or the 96'? what's the compression diff between the 2? Have you played with the high speed settings? My fuel selector was definitely an issue trying to sustain WOT, bypass and see. Last time out for me when it settles back down off 7K and planes out, I'm seeing 6650 - 6700. On the HS needle, I'm 3/4 on the PTO and 1/2 on the MAG. I run a 60:1 premix with the stock oil injection, I know the fuel is slightly diluted so I back the HS out just a tad. But I think I'm getting a good seal in cylinders with the slight added premix and it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back