picking up my '97 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cboss54

I see there are a lot of xp threads but most of them seem to get way off topic so deal with it.
I am getting my 97 xp tomorrow I did a walk through and compression test and everything seems legit. the guy I am buying it from all he does is work on PWC and has a very good rep around here. everything on the craft seems legit except for a few knicks on the hull from when it appears someone ran it a ground on some gravel or something ( easy fix) the only thing so far I am interested in is a bilge pump. there is a store around here that carries a brand called tsunami has anyone had any experience with these pumps? and is there any suggestions anyone else can make? than you

Copy that ill look into the rule pumps. Also as far as oils and lubes. I know the seadoo brand oils are recommended. .but my closest sea doo dealer is about 2 hrs away. Im talking about the 2 stroke oil and the sea doo spray lube. Counterbalance I just use sae 30? And jet pump uses marine gear oil from what ive read (correct if wrong)

Hi and welcome to the Seadoo forum.

For the two stroke oil, use full synthetic, ATI-TC oil, if possible ask the previous owner what he used and if it meets specs. just continue to use the same thing. If not you will need to drain the old oil, bleed the system, replace the oil filter and replace the oil. Post back if you are changing injection oil.

Spray lube, if your asking about fogging oil just about any brand is O.K., I use Mercruiser fogging oil. For lubricating linkages etc. again any gen. purpose spray oil is O.K., I use PennLube.

Counterbalance oil, SAE30 motor oil, this doesn't need to be done often. Here's a thread if you want to do it, unless the engine has been submerged it probably doesn't need doing, this is for a 951 yours is similar.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?36426-Changing-Crankcase-Oil-947-951-engine

Pump oil, 75W90 GL5 synthetic gear oil, I use Mobile 1 synthetic, from Auto Zone or Advance, a quart will last for several years.

Lou

just picked it up. on close inspection the fuel lines ARE GREY, BUT LOOK PRETTY NEW WITH SCREW-TYPE HOSE CLAMPS AND PLASTIC T JUNCTIONS AND FITTINGS. VERY VERY CLEAN, AND SUGGESTIONS?

If they are "Tempo" fuel lines they need to be replaced. Can you post a picture.

Lou

You don't need to replace the vent lines. But yes everything in the fuel delivery system.

Lou

Okay copy. One last thing for now. I just got a 500 gph auto bilge pump. Where is the best spot to put it?

Replaced all the lines with dayco brand ( not as hard as some said it would be) took it out to the lake. Ran great. Had a lil smoke from the exhaust outlet (normal I suppose for a 2 stroke) and at idle it ran a little rough almost felt like a slight misfire. Is this normal? As soon as I got on the throttle it purred.. also any answer to the question I asked above? Thanks for the help

Yes, two strokes do smoke. When you changed the fuel lines did you clean the rest of the fuel delivery system? The fuel control valve and at the minimum go through the carbs. and clean the carburetor fuel filters. Here's a thread on the subject.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthre...el-Delivery-Problems-low-revs-bogging-surging

As for the bilge pump mount it in the lowest spot in the hull that is practical, preferably near the bilge siphon pickup.

Lou

Attachments

• 100_0768.JPG
    100_0768.JPG
    873.4 KB · Views: 17
The 787 is a bit lopey at idle, but it should be at around 1500 rpm in the water.

The later xp models had a factory pump mounted on the rear support bearing, you could look into one of those on eBay to mount your pump if you're a little creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back