97 Seadoo xp oil pump delete

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

E1234567892

Hello, I have a 97 seadoo xp and am new to the jet ski world but I bought this one to try and fix up. When getting to work on it I have come to the realization that I am pretty sure it has an oil pump delete and I don’t have too much of an idea what that’s all about. Any pointers to get me started or anything I should look for to see if the job has been done right or if it actually is an oil pump delete?

Then you have a problem.
You can't just remove the tank without supplying oil to the rotary valve.
Some people loop the 12mm hoses above the engine with a fill port but the oil tank is much easier as is just keeping the oil injection system.

Then you have a problem.
You can't just remove the tank without supplying oil to the rotary valve.
Some people loop the 12mm hoses above the engine with a fill port but the oil tank is much easier as is just keeping the oil injection system.
It does look like the line has been looped but there is no oil fill port the line is just full of oil at the moment.

It really should be vented as with heat it will develop pressure which could push past the crank seals.

I have had several skis with oil pump delete that i have gone back and ”undeleted”, and been very happy with. Westside Powersports has been great to work with for parts. Very easy to deal with and I have always gotten quality parts.

Back