587 oil pump interchangeability

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

MAL

I have a 91 SeaDoo XP that has had the oil pump blocked off and I am planning to reinstall a pump. I have a pump from a 95 SPI and another pump that is on a 587 that I am not sure what it came out of, but it has the grey exhaust (274000111). The XP has dual carbs and the other two have single carbs if that matters.

Can I use a pump from a white motor on a yellow motor?

I would recommend that you use the right one and dont try to use one from a larger engine. Also if you install a oil pump you need a small plastic fitting to make it spin.

I should have been more clear
I would recommend that you use the right one and dont try to use one from a larger engine. Also if you install a oil pump you need a small plastic fitting to make it spin.
I should have been more clear. The 91 XP and the 95 SPI and the unidentified engine are all 587 engines. The only notable difference is the the XP has dual carbs and the other two engines are single carb. The pump visually looks the same and bolts right up, but I don't have the yellow pump to compare it with.

Here is what I have found. The part number for the 91 XP oil injection pump is 290996722. That part number is used on all 91 models and many more. It is used on both single and dual carb engines. That part number is superseded by 275000085. The new part number is still used on the 95 SPI and many other models but not all. So it looks like the pump that I have is the correct one.

Back