Oil Injection Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Broosedamoose67

Premium Member
Premium Member
I've done a search on this and found a few answers but not on my specific machine. I have a 2002 GTX RFI and I was talking with someone today who siad he used to own a 2-stroke and said I should be adding like 4 oz of oil to the fuel. He said his pump failed and destroyed his engine. He said most people delete the oil pump and just use pre-mix. However, after reading some other posts it seems that's not a good idea. In another post someone said the oil pumps are bullet proof. This is my first ski and I don't know a lot about them. My gut tells me the guy is nuts and I need to just run it the way it was meant to run. If it ain't broke, don't fix it sorta thing. I'm just nervous now because I don't know what would happen if the pump did fail! Is there any kind of sensor that will warn me?

The Seadoo pumps are bulletproof but still need maintenance. Change the white inline filter, change the small 3/32" oil lines from the pump to the intake manifold and only use API-TC rated full synthetic oil. Never TCW-3 oil and do not premix anything.
"Guy" doesn't have a clue....

Well it just rolled the 200 hr mark and now it's flashing "Maintenace" whenever I start it. I was told they should be rebuilt after 200 hrs so I'm planning to finish the season with it and then have it all rebuilt. I'll make sure he does all that during the rebuild. Thankd for the info!

I would check the compression before you rebuild. Engine endurance will depend on how it was used. No need to pull it apart if it is not needed.

I have had several with the oil pump deleted, and I put the pump back in. Many thanks to Westside Powersports for parts, and have been MUCH happier with them. I have found they run better that way, and not having to pre-mix is so much more convenient when running all day with multiple refuels. I can have the kids run them all they like and no worries about someone “forgetting“ to add oil to the fuel. When you think about it logically, an oil pump is under constant lubrication so wear is ultra minimal.

The RFI is fuel injected so you don't want to run oil in your gas, it will foul up the injectors.

Back