97 XP carb tuning issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

widder_ga_2

Alright. Been going on a month here and reading endless forms. Decided its time to for dedicated help. Have a 97 xp. Backstory is it was my fathers and ran well but has sat for the last 10 years almost. Previous to his ownership it supposedly was "raced" and has an aftermarket FA on it. Primer installed with Choke butterflies removed. Also the oil pump cable bracket is removed and zip tied (I am not familiar with this mod and am unsure why one would do it, but i know the ski ran well with all the above done for many years during our ownership without issues). Anyways back to present day. The carbs have been cleaned and rebuilt. Internal filters cleaned. Most fuel lines have been replaced (not all but lines look good and I have good fuel flow out of them if attempting to siphon. I also only run ethanol free gas). Fuel selector is clear. Accelerator pumps are clear. It is on stock jetting. So the issue. I still have a dead spot in the mid throttle. Runs well in the top end. I for the life of me cannot tune it out. Not sure where else to look for issues. Compression is 140-145 in both cylinders. I have tried different pop off pressures. Right now it is 32 psi with i believe 2.0 N/S. Tried increasing pilot jet to 75 as recommended by some forms with people running the R&D FA i have. However I know ski ran fine previously on 70. Raves move freely by hand. Have never specifically verified they are opening properly any other way, not exactly sure how. Any bright ideas here on what my issues could be?

Sounds like transition circuit is off,,, and 145 psi sounds low,( if it is a 785).

Mind telling me more about the transition circuit? And yes technically a little low. But perfectly equal in both cylinders and i tend to believe my gauge reads a little low based on other engines ive used it on. I dont think that is the issue but correct me if im wrong.

Back