1993 seadoo spx issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jamesl1500

Hey everyone! I picked up a free seadoo about 2 weeks ago and so far I have rebuilt the carbs and cleaned the oil pump. It turns over but it doesn't seem to be getting any gas into the carbs. I connected a small bottle of premix into the fuel in line and it started after a few try's and ran great. I tried to turn it off with the stop button, didn't work. Pulled the key, didn't work. The fuel gage is also showing no reading. I'm guessing and clogged fuel lines and some electrical issues. Anyone have any ideas on where to start with these issues.
Thank you :)

I bought the rebuild kit from ebay. It was supposedly a genuine part dealer and everything fit well. Is there a way to test the selector valve?

I would be Leary of the carb kit from eBay. If it was not Mikuni it will most likely cause you headaches. A lot of people buy from OSD Marine. To test the selector individually take the fuel lines off the top of the baffle and apply 5 pounds of vacuum to the RES. ON and out lines. When you have vac on the ON line it should hold vac while the selector is in the RES and OFF position. While your applying vac to the RES line it should hold vac while the selector is in the ON and OFF positions. This will tell you if th selector is sucking air or not buy will not tell you if it’s dirty.

You can also test pretty mich the same way I mentioned in the previous post by putting your vac on the fuel inlet line but you will then be testing the fuel filter/water seperator as well. And you will need to clamp the lines going to the baffle.

I will keep that in mind about the carbs I might go ahead and order a higher quality kit from OSD marine like you suggested. I’m quite new to 2 stroke seadoos, is the baffle the tube that goes into the gas tank with 3 hoses breaking off from it?

Yes, u found it easier to test each component separately though. I just don’t trust those hose clamps to completely block the hose. To test the fuel filter for leaks I put vac on the inlet line, took the other line off the fuel filter that goes to the OUT on the selector, put my finger over that open fitting on the filter and apply the 5 pounds of vacuum. Mikidymac has a carb rebuild thread in his signature, you should follow his thread if your going to rebuild that carb again. If you order the back to OEM kit from OSD it comes with new needle and seat as well and there’s a box you can check to get the new needle arm and pin to if you think it’s possible that anyone has messed with it, it’s only 8.00 more dollars.

Sounds like a run away, that happens when it is too lean ( I think). Try pulling the choke if it happens again? If you rebuild the carb that should fix it, mostly likely the carb kit you bought caused it.

Back