gts carb tuning

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Frige

I took the 96 gts that I just cobbled together for the 2nd time last weekend right before the cold front rolled in. It runs great at high speed but not so much for idling. It will idle ok for a bit then start to sputter and if you can hit the choke quick enough it will perk up. If it dies you have to hit the choke to get it to start, This is on a warm engine. I wasnt able to play with it but Im thinking I need to open up the idle speed adjustment a bit. I had it set around 1 5/8 out. What do you think? I hope to get at least one more ride in before the cold sets in.

What have you done with carburetor? What is the low speed screw set at? Before it starts to die out what is your rpms at idle?

Verify your low speed screw is set to factory and set your idle screw at 2800 out of the water or 1400 in the water. I prefer to set it in the water, mine runs a little higher than 2800 out of the water.

I rebuilt the carb going by mikidymac`s tutorial. The idle adjustment is set at 1 1/2 turns out. I dont have a tach so I would be guessing on the rpm.so 1400 rpm it would be pushing the ski. I could use gps to figure mph.

You can't really set the idle by turns out. You really need to go by rpm. If it is going too fast at idle in the water turn it down, should idle about 5 mph.

What I was really thinking was that it is a little lean. That is why I have to tap the choke to keep it running at idle. Im hoping it will warm up a little this week so I can play with it a bit.

What I was really thinking was that it is a little lean. That is why I have to tap the choke to keep it running at idle. Im hoping it will warm up a little this week so I can play with it a bit.
Agree that it is most likely sucking air from somewhere, or low speed screw not set right causing lean issue

Back