1996 bombardier gts flooded, no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Landun

I am stupid but I'll cut to the chase, I left the drain plug inside of my 1996 bombardier gts after my last ride without realizing it, and of course after a few weeks it rained incredebly hard for a few days before I had gone out to check my ski.

I found it full of water up to about an inch above the battery. I immediately drained the ski and let it dry for a week or so before doing any work as I had no time to work on it anyway. I replaced the battery I luckily had a warranty on as it was toast. I checked inside the cylinders just incase and they seem dry.

It no longer seems to want to start , when I attempt to do so it makes no noise at all. No clicking, nothing.
I opened the electrics box thinking water may have somehow gotten in but it seems perfectly clean and factory inside. I did however cross the solenoid and the starter went over, so it's atleast got power to there.

The toggle had worked before but I wasnt sure if the dollar store toggle switch the previous owner had rigged up was still working so I simply cut it off at the wires and attempted to cross them to see if it would start, still nothing. It also doesn't beep but I have never heard it beep even before when it was working perfectly.

After messing with a bunch of stuff all over the electrical system I figured out that the 15 amp fuze in the electrical box blew. The only reason I didn't notice the first time I checked them was because the wire in the fuze itself popped much lower than it should have, so it was near impossible to see unless you were looking very closely

Back