Newbie 95 Seadoo GTX Acceleration issue - Thanks in advance!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GCPWC

Hi there,

I'm new :dupe: here and am having issues with my 1995 Seadoo GTX 3 seater. I'll try describe the best I can below.

It runs fine and has for some time but when you go full throttle from start it guns and goes to take off with all its might then seems to choke, as though its not getting enough fuel and slowly takes its time to get up on the plane. With more than one rider it doesn't plane at all. Once it gets going, it sometimes revs a little, then dies back down, revs again, dies down. I seem to only be getting half speed at full throttle.

If you pump the primer it goes like a wild horse on fire and rockets away at full speed ahead.

There has been some oil coming out of the rear R.A.V.E valve near the exhaust and I've opened it up and cleaned it and the stems to find the rubber bellows intact and O-rings fine. However the gasket was brittle and broke, and there is a small warp, an almost bubble like bump on the inside of the plastic upper part of the valve just under the red caps (see photos).

396.jpg

397.jpg

Could this be preventing the bellow from operating correctly and messing up my throttle? Could it also be the cause of the oil coming out? The front valve seems fine with no leaks, I'll open it up and clean it as well, replacing any seals needed.

I'm scared to open the carburettor, It looks as though I would have to remove a mountain of other engine parts just to get to the rear carb :banghead: couldn't be harder than the ton of motorcycles I've worked on though? <famous last words>

I've also read everywhere online about the deathly grey fuel lines? is this true they are just terrible? If so Ouch as my ski still has its original fuel lines in it then... I'll be replacing those...

If I end up tearing this thing apart piece by piece and wish for a good learning curve along the way I will be sure to post a heap of photos of all bits I undertake, including the fuel line replacement for any others in future reference.

I appreciate all and any advice or help. Thanks! :seeya:

Attachments

• 20121230_235721.jpg
    20121230_235721.jpg
    818.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20121230_235640.jpg
    IMG_20121230_235640.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 1
Well........................

Before we can get you any real answers... we need to figure out what you actually have. The 800 RAVE engine was only in the XP 800 in 95. The GTX didn't get an 800 until 96.

But... your accel issue sounds like plugged carbs. Do you still have gray "Tempo" fuel lines.

The melted RAVE piston is from a leaking stem seal. You need to take them apart, and replace the O-rings.

Tony is right on the nuts...sounds like the fuel system has not been replaced yet. Fuel lines, clean out the selector and fuel/water separator, and a full rebuild on the carbs are in order.

Hopefully you havent been driving it long like that...engine damage is imminent.

Tony is also right about the Raves. The Orings need to be OEM. I have both Orings and the rave caps in stock. Tony and I both rebuild carbs if it is past your ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back