New Yamaha Fishing Jet Boats

I think Yamaha has hit on something here, I love a center console boat, IMO best all around boat you can own.

Lou

I have tested hundreds, maybe into the thousands of boats. It is hard to beat a center console boat. Being in the center pivot area of the boat the driver is better grounded and gets to feel what the boat is actually doing. I think they will sell many of these. Smart move,,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Yamaha has hit on something here, I love a center console boat, IMO best all around boat you can own.

Lou

I'm thinking the complete opposite, that has to be one of the most flooded boat markets. They better be bringing some revolutionary things to the table to break in that segment.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Who else has a center console jet boat? My only problem is it needs to be longer than 19'.

Lou

That's the hang up, who wants a cc with a jet? You ask any real fisherman and they're gonna laugh at that imo. CC's around me go miles out, I couldn't imagine going 15 miles out in chop with a jet. I'm not doubting they will sell, but perhaps their target demographic is not the typical fisherman I don't know.

That's the hang up, who wants a cc with a jet? You ask any real fisherman and they're gonna laugh at that imo. CC's around me go miles out, I couldn't imagine going 15 miles out in chop with a jet. I'm not doubting they will sell, but perhaps their target demographic is not the typical fisherman I don't know.

I know the other demographic that just prefer center consoles but just cruise the ICW and rarely if ever go out into the ocean. Our lakes here are hard core stumpy. Fisherman are complaining all the time they have to replace props at least once a season, sometimes more often.

I've been thinking about this, and yes I do think there is a market for this boat, inland rivers and lakes, a jet boat can go a lot of places a conventional boat can't. However anyone who has ever owned a jet powered watercraft knows, but maybe won't admit, jet propulsion is not very efficient.

If I ever purchase a center console boat, which I would love to have, it would be outboard or stern drive powered, btw I'm not a fisherman.

Lou

Nice looking boats, actually planning on selling mine in the spring time.
Interesting to see the realtime reviews on the jet propulsion over time

144.jpg
145.jpg

even though mine is only 17'
I agree with the size, if I were to do it again I would look at 19'+

Well I just got back from the Lexington Boat Show, there was a Yamaha rep. there so I asked him about the center console boat. At first he didn't want to talk about it, so I showed him the pictures that were posted on the forum. He said, the boat was to be introduced at the Miami Boat Show but somehow the page got posted ahead of schedule, it's now down. He asked me to show it to Ralph Stockley, owner of the dealership. He said I can't show it to him, but you can. Ralph was pretty impressed.

Lou

This was a very heated topic on the Yamaha Jet Boats website. They posted these photos and links to the site when it was posted. Obviously Yamaha leaked it and then took it down. They also heavy-handed the moderators on the YJB site to pull the posts/links as well.

The market for this boat is there. The flats fisherman around the gulf would like this boat. Most of them do run an outboard with a transom jack, or a jet lower unit. So low water is the key.

I personally would love a boat like this for the river fishing we do up here. But I could not justify the price of it as my primary boat. As I use ours as a pleasure boat with family more than I do a fishing boat. The ability to run a good trolling motor up front and pedestal seats is cool, the center console is ideal when a person has to do some actual navigating.

I think Yamaha will do well with this boat. They truly are crushing it in their market with SeaDoo out of the picture. I would be lying if I didn't lust after an AR240 or 212x.

I was the one who posted it on the yamaha web site. and then they called and asked me to remove them. but they didint see it here so i let them stay on here :p it was the web designer that accidentally leaked them for the web site that goes live Thursday. They were not happy woops

Makes sense, the Miami Boat show starts today. Still kinda shady with the details, seating (it does say will accommodate 8), and how fast it will go, it has a single 1.8L engine. I'm gonna start saving my money maybe I can afford a used one in a few years.

Lou

One of our moderators is at the show today. If you are going today perhaps you could meet?

We have lots of pics of the Yamaha FSH 190 at http://jetboaters.net/threads/yamah...s-the-2016-yamaha-190-fsh-live-coverage.4668/

Hi, and welcome to the Seadoo forum.

Apparently I need to be a member of jetboaters.net to view the pictures, I currently don't own a jet boat, I do have 3 seadoo pwc's and an 18' Bayliner, can I join without owning a jet boat. I am very interested in the new center console Yamaha.

Lou

Guys, I apologize. I thought you could see the images. They were hidden from non users due to how we copied them from later posts to the first.

Thanks for the welcome.

Guys, I apologize. I thought you could see the images. They were hidden from non users due to how we copied them from later posts to the first.

Thanks for the welcome.

Well, I remedied the problem, I joined your forum, and I got a very warm welcome, like I said earlier I don't currently own a jet boat, but I do own three jet powered seadoo pwc's, and at least in the Seadoo world a lot of the mechanics cross over to jet boats. So I think I can be of some help on your forum. BTW after seeing the pictures, I'm not that impressed with the 190FSH, it's probably O.K. for a fishing boat but not much for a family boat.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Back