"Barn find"-New '07 180 Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

'07 Challenger

The guy bought it brand new, along with a bunch of toys/accessories, put it in outdoor storage, and left it to rot in the Arizona sun. He later died and I bought it from his daughter last week. The fuel pump was seized, a new one is on the way. The upholstery is shot. The carpet might be ok, but it was completely covered in junk and dirt so I don't know yet. It's sad that this brand new boat was abandoned like that, but if it hadn't I probably wouldn't have it so I shouldn't complain.

They had two boats in the same lot, I'm picking up the fishing boat this Wednesday. $200 for both of them, plus the cost and time of getting them.
70077456475__5686ADEA-ED81-4F5D-81FB-A2D74D2A3D64.jpeg

Burried in there were 4 large inflatable toys, only one that's not completely destroyed. 4 Seadoo wetsuits still on the hangars, one is trashed, 3 usable. Several lifevests, all trashed. Lots of stuff. The amazing thing is that the 4 fenders look nearly new, other than being flat. They're the sealed type, but I modded one and aired it up just for kicks.
IMG_4369.jpeg

I made the 270 mile journey home on the original tires, date stamped late 2006. They were flat and heavily cracked, but my experience with old bias ply trailer tires has always been positive so I aired them up and risked it. The only tires I had on hand that would fit are 4.80x8 from my utility trailer, far from ideal, but I brought all 4 just in case. The new tires arrived yesterday and are getting mounted today. I'll use them to get the bass boat home, then they'll go back under the Seadoo.

She looks pretty decent from this angle and being back-lit :). It'll take a fair bit of time and money to make her nice again, but starting from such a low price and 0 hours, it's well worth it.
IMG_4370.jpeg

It had a ton of dust/sand in it, and a cutting disc for an angle grinder (WTF?)..now it's clean as new. I'm bummed that I didn't think to take a photo of it. In the days leading up to get it my worst fear was that it was parked with the drain plugs in, I convinced myself that nobody would do that. Well, he did and there was quite a bit of water in there which was scary. The oil level was normal so I gave it a crank and it sounded normal so I dragged it home.

The charging fuse got water in it, all the other connectors and fuses were clean and dry. I thoroughly cleaned out the gas tank and installed a new pump. I've run it about 15-20 minutes in spurts and everything seems normal. I'm waiting on titles, long story, and once I can register it it'll get wet.

Back