Bought 2004 Speedster 200 twin 4tec - sad I can't find parts...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
So, a local guy was selling a nice looking 2004 Speedster 200. They story was that he went to get a new battery put in at a local shop, and they messed something up (maybe reversed the cables), and basically fried something. He was tired of fighting with them, and tired of trying to figure it out, so just sold it as a non running boat. To me it sounded like, hey, I get a great price on this, and I'll go figure it out. Best case its a bad fuse...worst case, an ECU or MPEM. The engines turn over just fine if I short the solenoid.

I've put a lot of hours in my 1998 Seadoo Challenger so I "kind of" know my way around boats. Of course, the 4tec is new to me, and the ECU's and MPEM's they use here are also new. I've been surprised and frankly growing disappointed at how hard it is to find the MPEMs for this boat.

Basically, the symptom is no lights, gauges or beeps at the console. I tested the beeper with 12 v and it beeps ok if I put 12v to it, so its not bad. DESS post tested okay also. I hear constant clicking at the fuel pump as soon as I connect the battery even without the key. The clicking is non-stop until I disconnect the battery. I've read that is usually the ECU or MPEM (and this has 3 MPEMs - one in front, two under rear seats).

I've tested all the fuses throughout, including the hidden ones dangling under the battery switch. All seem ok. I cleaned the main ground to the engines, and it looks fine.

The parts I would REALLY like to get, but cannot seem to find are:
204470770 Fuse Block/MPEM
204471262 Twin Engine Interface/MPEM/Fuse Block - old part number was: 204470906

I have searches going on ebay and stuff, but nothing has come up yet. I did manage to get an extra ECU (664133) which didn't fix the issue, but I'm glad to have an extra given the lack of parts I'm seeing out there. I have to say, I have this beauty sitting here, and am becoming frustrated that I cannot get it running. I'm still playing around trying to see if there is any other ground issue or anything else going on, but I'm to the point where I need some help.

Any advice / suggestions on where I can find either of those MPEM's above? Any other advice on chasing electrical gremlins in this thing? Oh, how I would love to at least get a beep or see some lights on the console!

Thank you for ANY help or suggestions.

Where did you find the ECU 664133 ?

Regarding the fuse boxes (MPEM)... you probably need to keep an eye out for someone that is selling their Speedster 200 on FB Marketplace or kijiji or whatever online service that you use.... and catch someone that is selling / parting out their boat. I'm guessing those parts will be similar any of the years of that model... and maybe even other models?

Last edited:
Where did you find the ECU 664133 ?

Regarding the fuse boxes (MPEM)... you probably need to keep an eye out for someone that is selling their Speedster 200 on FB Marketplace or kijiji or whatever online service that you use.... and catch someone that is selling / parting out their boat. I'm guessing those parts will be similar any of the years of that model... and maybe even other models?
I found the ECU on eBay. Thanks for you advice - I am definitely keeping an eye out on eBay, FB, etc...to try to find out. I've been surprised at how difficult this all is, but now I know, so am working the system as best I can to find out what I need. I guess winter is coming here in the next month or two, so hopefully before next spring something will pop up.

One other place you can go to for used parts are jetski dismantlers... I used to go to Martos powersports, they have a huge inventory of jetski's and boats and such. I would give them a call, you might find they have those fuse boxes sitting on a shelf... I don't think its a high demand item (like ECU's). So you might get lucky.

I was just chatting with a friend of mine who works at a Seadoo dealer here in Canada... he tells me that for many parts that have been discontinued, there is a place in the USA, where dealers can order parts from. They are called Vintage Parts Inc.

I thought I'd post an update since its always nice to read such updates from others. I eventually found the MPEM I needed on eBay (it was 204471262 the twin engine mpem). It was just a waiting game really, as they only are listed every once in a while. I setup a search and was alerted when one came online. I also found a few other parts through searching on facebook. To be clear, facebook is absolutely rife with scammers - like 98% of replies are scammers - some of whom have found ways to sound very legitimate. One guy in particular even sent me a photo of the part I wanted. I was a bit suspicious, so I did a google photo search using his image, and found the website he had taken the image from. I found eBay to be a much safer source, but just needed to wait for someone to list the parts.

Anyways, my machine fires right up now, but I got it running just as winter hit. So I need to wait until spring to take it for a test run. I'm optimistic things will go well.

I am tempted to look at rebuilding the pumps over the winter since the boat is sitting doing nothing for a few months anyways. I'm not sure if its really necessary though... anyone have opinions on that? Basically - in an unknown boat from 2004, should I pull apart the pumps and just redo it while I have time. My sense the boat was moderately cared for, but it seems like the seller was certainly not meticulous about it.

Back