"New to me" '05 GTX Limited taking on water. Any ideas where to start?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chebu70

First time posting on here. Hope I'm not asking a repeat (stupid) question but I didn't see anyone had asked yet. I just picked up a '05 GTX last week and took it out for a couple gentle runs this weekend (still apprehensive after my first jet ski experience with an HX a few years back) and everything seemed to be as represented except it did take on some water. You guys have any tips on where to start looking and any recommendation on maintenance now that it's been wet? I know I had to baby the hx drive shaft bearing with grease everytime I towed it to shore....

I was in for about 30 - 45 mins the second day and estimate I emptied ~ 3 - 4 gallons of warm water when I got back on the trailer. To me this would indicate there's a leak somewhere in the exhaust (maybe a lose hose from winterising??) but figured you guys would prob have a good idea of where and how to start looking.

Also, any good advice on routine maintenance after each use so this one doesn't end up lake bottom (like the HX)?

yep i would start there... and in the exhaust..tuned pipe and header... sometimes they deterriorate...hook the hose up and see if water is dripping or spewing out somewhere..if so fix it...if not fill the hull up with a few inches of water not a ton, but enough...maybe almost to the bottom of the motor...if water leaks in it will leak out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back