05 RXT Crank no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

stevejohnson798

Odd issue I've had an 05 RXT for about 10 years now or longer I've always done the general maintenance brand new spark plugs every single time every year oil and everything this year there was water in the display on the front which is still displayed the correct readings you could just barely read them, I brought it on the water and I barely hit a small wave after riding it hard for about an hour and it just died I thought I hit my key so I put it back in and tried to restart it it didn't start for about 30 minutes I eventually got it to start it started sputtering and then ran fine for about another hour when I went to head back about sunset after it was off for about 30 minutes I got about 600 feet and it died for the rest of the trip back which was very far not fun luckily I got towed in here is the odd part it would crank no problem long term got no more abnormal beeps or codes I could not tell if the fuel pump was running but that was replaced the previous year there was no signs of partial ignition and after trying to start it for about 5 minutes I removed the key and it started to start itself without the key inserted and without me pushing the start button it continued to crank over until the battery died it would not start on the whole 2 hour journey back while getting towed I eventually got it home and was hoping to winterize it as temperatures are falling and was hoping it would start and it did and it ran just fine when winterizing it as if nothing happened I disconnected the display hoping the unit would not start and that would be the cause of my problem but it started just fine without the display attached completely disconnected if anybody has any idea of what's going on I would love the input this is bizarre to me thanks

287 hr

Absolutely make sure your battery is good, it needs to be load tested. Then, 05/06 BRP regulator/rectifiers have a known issue of diodes going bad in the rectifier letting current back flow from the battery to the start circuit and it can be intermittent. Take it out and test it. Test methods on You Tube and remember its intermittent so don't be too gentle with the pins when testing.

Back