Need help with Islandia seat templates

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

75sausage

My 2005 Islandia is missing a couple of cushion pieces. Both are for the rear starboard bench, a seat cushion and the rear bench trim that goes behind the reclined back rests just above the air intake opening in the engine cover. I need some way to rebuild these pieces.

The seat cushion is fairly straight forward but the rear trim piece has some complexity to it. I am asking that someone with an Islandia provide me with details about the bench seat cushion and rear trim assembly, specifically how the back board is constructed to make it overhang the engine cover as it does in the middle. Dimensions of the vinyl covers from seam to seam and pictures would also be very helpful.

265.jpg

I just got home from being on the river all day. I can measure it all for you tomorrow morning.

I just got home from being on the river all day. I can measure it all for you tomorrow morning.

Hey Doc, any chance you can get these measurements? I also need the engine cover lift support struts min/max extension that I PM'd you about. Any help greatly appreciated.

Sorry.... I totally forgot about this. You should have sent me a PM.

Unfortunately... I'm heading out this morning for the next 3 days. Shoot me a PM on Monday to remind me.

Just an FYI... I noticed on ebay, that there is a guy parting out an Islandia. He may be able to sell you the part(s) you need. That may be easier than trying to re-create those parts just from a measurement.

I checked that ebay auction you mentioned. The price is reasonable for the engine cover/seat assembly however shiping come to over 400.

I checked that ebay auction you mentioned. The price is reasonable for the engine cover/seat assembly however shiping come to over 400.

You should ask if they will break it up, and sell just the rear section.

Anyway... I finally got off my butt, because I had to winterize the boat yesterday. Now that I looked over this post again.... I dont' know if I got you anything you are looking for. I took a bunch of pics, with a yard stick for size ref.... but as far as "How it's constructed"... I don't think they will help. I'm sure the OEM base is going to be molded plastic. If I were you... I would make it in a couple parts, and start with marine ply-wood.

Make the top curve, all one part. I would start with poster board, and then transfer it to the wood. Then make the back in 4 or 5 sections, and then glue it all together. That way, you can get the curve, and the padding, and cover will hide the fact that it's not all one part.

Anyway... I'll try to post up the pics tonight. (Need to get them off the camera)

As a final FYI.... the struts are 27.5" from the center of the mounting balls.... extended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back