Patience paid off, found 2005 Islandia in overall good shape and strong motor!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dblackstone

After getting screwed out of a deal made on memorial day weekend I kept watching Craigslist and this 2005 well taken care of Islandia showed up on Craigslist, 7 hours away but got it for a great deal. Strong motor, redone seats but needs a good buff and wax on the hull. Plus it came with 2017 Aluminum I Frame Trailer.
List to do:

Wax and possibly wet sand lower half due to sun fade of color.
Waterproof Mooring Cover and Bimini Top
Change out Drawer Latch due to broken Spring
New Todd Plastic table
New oil tank as oil level sensor has failed and cleaned all oil filters
Change water filter on Fuel Line
Try to get Speedo and fuel gauge to work
- Fuel Gauge now working, not worried about Speedo
Re rivit 2 of pop up sun seats on motor cover
Try to get fresh water pump to work or replace it
Add fuse in the Bilge pump that is wired directly to Battery 2

New Rocker switches as rubber is gone on most of existing ones, or just covers https://newwiremarine.com/marine-grade-switches/
Replace a couple bulbs in interior lighting - changed to white led
Replace engine cover rods as one is weak - ordered
Tighten engine hinges to cover.
Hinge bracket was actually broken thru fiberglass as they had wrong rods
Re Silicone Fountain Drain.
Cupholder for Captains seat
Replace White vinyl blower hoses in Engine Compartment
glue in Carpet in Table storage area - glued in part of it

Change out brown handles for white ones or black ones
Get new fish finder/GPS (all set up an wired with transducer but unit was supposedly stolen)
Fix trailer wiring plug, change out trailer light that was replaced with cheap one

Debating with wife over hydro turf so we aren't always washing down the foot prints on the white floor
Fix Ride Plate as screws are stripped Added Nauticus Smart Trim Tabs and made the boat handle awesome!!

More to add to list I'm sure

Attachments

• 20180614_134511.jpg
    20180614_134511.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 59
  • 20180614_114910.jpg
    20180614_114910.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 56
  • 20180614_114843.jpg
    20180614_114843.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Boat ran awesome as expected, slow speed handling wasn't as bad as expected, will get it down in now time. Just alot different then a typical stern drive. They wife loves it which is most important thing

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1529272059964.jpg
    FB_IMG_1529272059964.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Replaced fresh water pump, now the wash down hose works!

Changed the fuel filter, which had 7-14-2010 written on it so guess it was due. Only turned key on to fill it and didn't run it but oil light is still on. Hopefully will go off once I hook the hose up and run it for a bit, if it doesn't on to searching what else it could be. Perhaps the small inline filter or test the oil level sensor.

Added a fold out cupholder next to the glovebox for the captain to use.

Tommorow I'll change out the old air ducts for new ones and pick away at some other little things.

Now to get new lift rods as one of the is fairly week.

Attachments

• 20180621_203938.jpg
    20180621_203938.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Here is the water pump I found, pressure switch is adjustable. 49.99 on Amazon.

The boat was originally from Florida and taken to NY last summer, I think they forget to drain the water and it froze last winter.

Also interesting to note is the lift rods for my engine cover has that part # for a 2006-2010 Hyundia rods for hood.

Attachments

• 20180622_083006.jpg
    20180622_083006.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
"Change out brown handles for white ones or black ones"

I've been looking for black ones or the standard beige ones. If you find any let me know where you got them and the prices.

Waiting on new Engine Lift Rods and Waterproofing to put on canvas. Narrowed engine light down to faulty oil level sensor so we have a new oil tank on the way and also a spare alternator belt to have in the boat if needed. New Fishfinder/GPS will be here next week as well.

Installed new white LED Lights in courtesy lights, Fresh water system works great now, can't even hear the pump run. Added fuse in the bilge line that was rewired directly to the battery by previous owner.

Putting the boat back in the water tomorrow and leaving at the dock unless it needs to come out for some reason. We had to add a section to our dock to get it out in the water further as previous boat was only 18 ft.

Gonna be a warm weekend here so plan is to be out on the boat both afternoons.

"Change out brown handles for white ones or black ones"

I've been looking for black ones or the standard beige ones. If you find any let me know where you got them and the prices.

Found these in white, Black and Grey but need to double check the dimensions

https://www.amazon.com/attwood-2050-5-Vinyl-Grab-Handle/dp/B000FGV882/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1530191126&sr=8-4&keywords=marine+grab+handles&th=1

Also these but my boat isn't listed

Sea-Doo New OEM Sport Boat Black Grab Handle PAIR Challenger SP Speedster Wake

Last edited:
I had stumbled across both of those at some point. But was unsure if vinyl was the same since mine feel rubbery. Also unsure of the dimensions. If you get them let me know how they come out. I'm in between deciding on getting new ones or trying to clean the mold stains off of mine is possible.

Since I had the boat out of the water got a few things done.

One engine lift rod was weak and rods were actually a little too long which caused brackets to loosen up. Discovered it actually broke the fiberglass on cover. Put a patch on that, used a metal plate to put bolts thru and back together with new rods.

Oil tank changed, new plugs, new belt. Re glued carpet in storage cabinet.

Attachments

• 20180701_143543.jpg
    20180701_143543.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
While this was a 2005 it came with a few issues but I can't say enough about how much we have enjoyed this boat this Summer!!

Took it down the Kennebec River here in Maine yesterday and had a blast on it! 110 miles on just over 40 gallons of fuel much of the running was between 4500 rpm and 5900 rpm. Smart tabs made it handle the rough stuff awesome and was very impressed with the fuel and oil economy. Most of the summer consisted of 5 to 10 min High rpm and mostly cruising at 3000 rpm so this was a great test. Yesterday ran almost an hour at 5000 rpm plus to get back before the storms came in.

Now that we have pulled it from our lake due to low water that is dropping fast I can get some of the other projects done to it.KimsTrouble.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back