Members Unite!! Lake Norman NC Ride May 20-21

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to bring my wife, but if we did I would have to wait for her to finish work before leaving. It would put us up there kind of late Friday night.

Also, if a house gets nailed down I would be happy to pitch in on it and give up my spot at the landing for someone who prefers privacy.

Im kinda in the same boat. I might end up eating a night if i have to leave saturday sometime...If the wife cant go for some reason i would like to jump in on the house or split a room or what not, but i wont know for about 4 weeks...

I might be bringing my daughter who is 12. Not sure yet.

I like "what a view" that ramp will be perfect for a few beach carts. Whiskey, make sure to scope out the parking situation too.

The first one is awesome, but its more expensive than the week only dream spot.

True, too bad they wont budge on the whole week thing. I could probably do wed-sun but the whole week is too expensive. I can go scope out "what a view" this weekend. Its supposed to rain I believe but I can still check on the parking situation and what not.

As for food, I feel setting up BBQ at lake house is best vs a restaurant. We can socialize and check out skis with no restrictions and much cheaper plus better food as mentioned earlier

I'm down to grill. We can hit Sams/Costco and get a bunch of good stuff

Yes My wife is coming. She gets along with everybody but does not want to be the only girl. If we have enough overflow for two houses maybe we can do a "family" house and a "sausage" house?

How do you guys find the distance between places and the Landing like that? I'm thinking I may get "What a View" nailed down. I do wish it had a sandy beach but the rest of it seems right on.

For distance, you can use the map on VRBO and compare to where the landing is. I'm down for "what a view". Its a 4 bedroom house so we can split it 4 ways or whatever. As long as I have a bedroom for the gf she'll be happy! Which reminds me.. I better get a topend on the SPX for her before this trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick map I made to show the houses I listed in reference to one another
195.jpg

1 - The Landing
2 - Expensive new house - https://www.vrbo.com/4118519ha#
3 - "Fantastic Lake Frontage" - https://www.vrbo.com/304714#
4 - "Waterfront Cottage" - https://www.vrbo.com/620859#
5 - "What a view" - https://www.vrbo.com/598068#
6 - Dream house w/big beach
7 - where they usually set up buoys

Thank you though. It gives a pretty good idea I just can't read which place is which on all of them.

Last week my plans were changed due to other vacation's i'm committed to in the month of May.

I went from 80% certainty of attending to about 20% and if I do go it will be a last second commitment, if it wasn't 13 hours away it wouldn't be an issue but its a hell of a long drive.

I hope you guys have a friggen awesome time !!!!

Last week my plans were changed due to other vacation's i'm committed to in the month of May.

I went from 80% certainty of attending to about 20% and if I do go it will be a last second commitment, if it wasn't 13 hours away it wouldn't be an issue but its a hell of a long drive.

I hope you guys have a friggen awesome time !!!!

Sucks you cant make it man! We'll get more videos this time to share

I can do that tomorrow. I'll call and feel him/her out. What days are we thinking? I can make it Fri through Sun morning.

Sounds good. If everything checks out with him, I'll go scope it out in person this weekend. I'm down for Thurs-Sun preferably

I'm finally sending an email to "What a View". So it's may 20th arrival and May 22nd departure. How may adults should I say?

I would like to be "in" at the house, I am already registered at the landing but would be happy to pass it on to someone that doesn't want to split a house. Count me as 2, at least until my wife backs out.

I sent the email to them with an honest description. I listed ten adults but said there may not be that many.

Thats a long drive for only two nights! I can meet everyone at the landing thursday if the houses are only rented Fri and Sat nights. [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] what was your and [MENTION=46279]99spxxx[/MENTION] plans? I'm local and my work is flexible so I'm down to ride as many days as possible

Thats a long drive for only two nights! I can meet everyone at the landing thursday if the houses are only rented Fri and Sat nights. [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] what was your and [MENTION=46279]99spxxx[/MENTION] plans? I'm local and my work is flexible so I'm down to ride as many days as possible
I'll be down there Thursday am ready to ride!

I agree I just don't want to be stuck with more then a $700 bill. It's not my style to run around and shake everybody down for twenty bucks or whatever. I'm saying that my wife and I are definitely staying there those nights and paying in advance.

If other people kick in and buy the Thur and the Sun that would be great. I want to just nail something down so members know they have a place to land those days.

[MENTION=51824]Matt Braley[/MENTION] you can crash here if you want to split up the drive. We can then follow each other up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back