Members Unite!! Lake Norman NC Ride May 20-21

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking on VRBO over the weekend and the best looking place is the one MPower posted https://www.vrbo.com/726649 . It had the huge beach and hot tub. It was pricey but I think we could come up with the money if they will let us rent thur-sun. The weekend we want is the only weekend available still but it says 7 days minimum.

Really hope we can land this one somehow. It's perfect. With this many skis having the huge beach to park the skis will be invaluable.

On another note, I need to get my ass in gear with my ski. End of last year it started acting up, couldn't pull top RPM and felt sluggish.

Hoping its fuel related. Planning to go through carbs, new fuel sending unit and new fuel valve.

I did book rooms at the landing. thursday to sunday. I might have to leave early tho suck but will for sure be there thursday and friday, so it might be easier for me to jump in on the house but it just depends who comes with me..

I just booked a smaller house really close to the landing for my family. Friday-Sunday.. Excited! Place comes with two ski floaters and a nice dock. Does not look like much beach. Kind of chunky shore from what I can tell. Beautiful bay though.

Really hope we can land this one somehow. It's perfect. With this many skis having the huge beach to park the skis will be invaluable.

On another note, I need to get my ass in gear with my ski. End of last year it started acting up, couldn't pull top RPM and felt sluggish.

Hoping its fuel related. Planning to go through carbs, new fuel sending unit and new fuel valve.

Yeah that beach is awesome. How close to the Landing is it though? We can't all go through this and then have two or more different rides going on at the same lake haha.

Whisky and I were going to get everybody to line up at the last ride and then gun it all together at the same time. We never got it done but we will have to this time.

I like this multiple locations thing, bc in all reality its much easier to break up into smaller groups and ride than one big one. We can have refreshment/chill stations setup at all the locations, maybe drop gas cans off if one area is better than another....etc.

Its not a possibility unless a few guys want to step up and plop down big money to stay there all week. I called her again, she is unwilling to budge on the week thing until may 1st and the price posted is a bit more than what they have listed.

Using vrbo a few times, the pricing is never right and the owners always have an excuse.

I would like to get everybody together at least once. Maybe I'm dreaming lol, but we could do a Sat early afternoon ride or something.

Yeah that beach is awesome. How close to the Landing is it though? We can't all go through this and then have two or more different rides going on at the same lake haha.

Here you go. It's roughly 11.82 miles by water. That's not bad IMO.

LKN.jpg

Whisky and I were going to get everybody to line up at the last ride and then gun it all together at the same time. We never got it done but we will have to this time.
We should definitely do it this time. I better get my specII installed haha

I like this multiple locations thing, bc in all reality its much easier to break up into smaller groups and ride than one big one. We can have refreshment/chill stations setup at all the locations, maybe drop gas cans off if one area is better than another....etc.

Yeah, multiple locations is probably the only way that will work. We just need to make sure all the rentals are in the same channel as The Landing

Here you go. It's roughly 11.82 miles by water. That's not bad IMO.

View attachment 34143

Wow i didn't realize it was that far. You would burn through a half tank of gas on an X4 doing that. Its only ~12 miles, but it will be a rough choppy 12 miles. On a RXP / RXT it would be a breeze but for the smaller skis that is a long ways.

I would like to get everybody together at least once. Maybe I'm dreaming lol, but we could do a Sat early afternoon ride or something.
Yep this is a MUST do! I love the thought of a full line start. But we all need to be together at least for part of the time. I need to see all of these great skis and meet everyone. Since this really is the entire reason to do this trip. And we need pictures of every ski there.

A Saturday AM meetup and cruise would be great. Then maybe all go to the landing for a big lunch. If someone gets a big enough house, then we could do a big grill thing and save some money and have better food. If we end up at 5 or so places, we could have a poker run around to them all before we hit a cookout. Just thoughts.

We may end up driving trucks to a night meetup spot since the skis have to be off the lake at sundown.

We can be spread out, but it would be best if all were within 3-5 miles or so of the landing by water.

Yep this is a MUST do! I love the thought of a full line start. But we all need to be together at least for part of the time. I need to see all of these great skis and meet everyone. Since this really is the entire reason to do this trip. And we need pictures of every ski there.

A Saturday AM meetup and cruise would be great. Then maybe all go to the landing for a big lunch. If someone gets a big enough house, then we could do a big grill thing and save some money and have better food. If we end up at 5 or so places, we could have a poker run around to them all before we hit a cookout. Just thoughts.

We may end up driving trucks to a night meetup spot since the skis have to be off the lake at sundown.

We can be spread out, but it would be best if all were within 3-5 miles or so of the landing by water.

Agreed. I want to meet and ride with all of you. We will have to get an itinerary going.

This is probably one of the best in the area that I saw on VRBO https://www.vrbo.com/4118519ha# . Its really close to the Landing, has a small beach, and a pretty good layout. Its off the main channel as well so if you get too drunk at the landing you'll have an easy ride back haha.

These 3 look good and are fairly close to the landing by land and water. They are close to each other too so if we rented more than one it would be easy to hang out at night. https://www.vrbo.com/598068# https://www.vrbo.com/620859# https://www.vrbo.com/304714#

These two look awesome and one has 8 bedrooms but they say no partying we would have to call them. The first one has a huge beach which would be perfect but I don't see a ramp near by https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p685712vb https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p736858vb

Lmk your thoughts, we should book soon

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a "What a View" guy so far. It's cheaper and has that boat ramp. That first one is sweet but pricy!

I'm a "What a View" guy so far. It's cheaper and has that boat ramp. That first one is sweet but pricy!

I agree it is expensive. I was leaning towards it for the location and the fact its a brand new house they built for entertainment. I doubt they would mind us riding jetskis and hanging out. What a view is the best bang for buck though. I can go scope it out this weekend if everything works out with the owner. The boat ramp is only partially paved. I bet they dont use the ramp and only built it to get a ramp permit while they could.

IMO a place with a big beach area trumps everything. With a group this size not being able to conveniently and safely (not bang up your ski) park your ski will be a royal bitch.

I'll be there! ( thought I replied on other thread ) In for a house with big beach, don't know my dates yet, but I'm excited to meet more seadoo crew.

As for food, I feel setting up BBQ at lake house is best vs a restaurant. We can socialize and check out skis with no restrictions and much cheaper plus better food as mentioned earlier

Thanks whiskey and CLT guys for checking out lake properties. If I wasn't 3 hours away I'd be joining in on house search.

Rob

We have:
Adam A
Matt B
WhiskeyD
1of500
Soccerdad
Suke
Mpowers
Spim
Ankeneyou
Glsmohio
Tonka
99spxxx added per tonkas post on page 1 post.
Krispy
Idoseadoo Andrew added from page 1 post.
Jasonv
1983 Rob added.

Great turn out for this far out. Anyone bringing any family/wives/girlfriends/kids/teenagers etc. My wife and kids are in now but the wife is worried it will only be a pile of guys. My son is 17 and girl is 13. We also should add to the list what skis are coming. (more important than the people!)

I might be bringing my daughter who is 12. Not sure yet.

I like "what a view" that ramp will be perfect for a few beach carts. Whiskey, make sure to scope out the parking situation too.

The first one is awesome, but its more expensive than the week only dream spot.

Yes My wife is coming. She gets along with everybody but does not want to be the only girl. If we have enough overflow for two houses maybe we can do a "family" house and a "sausage" house?

How do you guys find the distance between places and the Landing like that? I'm thinking I may get "What a View" nailed down. I do wish it had a sandy beach but the rest of it seems right on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back