Members Unite! Central East Coast Ride

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many 1br total are there? And the 3br are a ways over huh? Crappy!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And btw you southerners are bunch of cold baby's. Lolol I rode superior last week. 50 degree Temps, 55 degree water.

I actually looked at a few different wetsuits at bass pro shops last week. I think they were wake boarding suits but they were less than a hundo

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Since I have a tour coat, very warm, I was thinking dry pants/splash/snowboard pants, asked my warm weather buddies via text to show me what they are using... my cuz up in Illinois suggested that snowboard pants will be the most effective along with some booties... its not like i'm going to sink, but I don't want something that will get totally waterlogged the first time I step in the water either. I've been in FL for 28 years so I totally need to address this issue to be prepared w/o breaking the budget, and trying to not make a mistake on my purchase since pants for me will ONLY be used for skiing once or twice a year max so its not like if I buy something too thick that I can use it when I go snowmobiling...

OK I just had a long talk with the girl at the marina about the cabin situation. There is no 3 bedroom in there with the one bedrooms. The closest would be the luxury three bedrooms and they want over $600 for the weekend on them. She said the one bedroom cabins are kind of on their own road.

The "dockside" three bedroom is reasonable and has it's own dock but is away from the rest of the guys. I think I might be better renting two one bedrooms for Nick, Adam and myself so we are all hanging out in the same spot. Thoughts?

that was my reasoning, (I could have sworn she said there were 2 two bedroom units along that stretch but I wasn't listening that closely since I had interest in the single (which has a pull out couch, which i'm sure is quite uncomfortable) I extended the couch invite to my local buddy and told him to talk to his wife...

my wife is officially on board (although annoyed that she's not invited) (turns out she's working fri/sat anyway) And I need to call the marina since I think two of us have #9 rented :)

I would suggest the singles, but at least one double/triple helps since it might give us a meeting spot with more wiggle room, but if not we'll figure it out...

to answer Nick's question, I think there are 20 of the 1br units...

Yeah I think we need to stay in the row of singles together. The 3 bedroom meeting place idea is a good one but it just does not work with the way this place is laid out. The girl said you "could" walk between them(dockside three bedroom and one bedroom row) but she would get in her car and drive.

So I'm thinking of getting two one bedrooms, right? That's enough for me, Nick, Adam, and Jess if he makes it.

Jammin you should come!

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!
is a 4 tec close enough to a x4? j/k thanks for the invite but 2500 miles is a bit far, besides i'm prepping my house for sale and having another built and dont have time to breath :( should be done with that mess by summer.
i can imagine the event with pictures :)

Yeah I think we need to stay in the row of singles together. The 3 bedroom meeting place idea is a good one but it just does not work with the way this place is laid out. The girl said you "could" walk between them(dockside three bedroom and one bedroom row) but she would get in her car and drive.

So I'm thinking of getting two one bedrooms, right? That's enough for me, Nick, Adam, and Jess if he makes it.

Matt, she might be a little lazy. It's a 2-3 minute walk down the whole row from '"A" to "C" not to bad at all.

The one that is literally on the dock, the dock house or whatever is the only one that is really out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like its shaping up nicely.
I am on vacation in New Orleans this week but will book my cabin when I get home. Since I am one of those nasty smokers I'll take cabin #11. I don't usually get a smoking room but it won't bother me like it would others.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Matt, she might be a little lazy. It's a 2-3 minute walk down the whole row from '"A" to "C" not to bad at all.

The one that is literally on the dock, the dock house or whatever is the only one that is really out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think the one with the dock is what she was referring to. The others are the luxury for $600 plus for two nights from what I understand.

6 ways? Who are all the other people piling in under one roof? How bout I spring for a one bedroom for Westside since Adam is helping with fuel? Then I can get myself a one bedroom and be done with it.

It's 3 rooms with two twin beds... No one wants to bunk up? Lol the small ones are fine too...

I'm down for anything. Just tell me the plan
But definitely have westside power sports fuel $

96 XP800!

< excited.
Last night I happen to ask my bowling teammate about what he used for cold weather since he used to kayak all the time in Colorado, and he said he brought all his cold water gear to FL with him, i'm going "shopping" over at his place this week to see what he has. woot woot !

OK I got it done. I booked the central one bedroom to the dock, #10. #11 is open but a smoking cabin so I got Nick #13.

I'll be buying some new cold weather riding gear as well. I'm pretty excited for this trip.
What's everyone beer of choice here

96 XP800!

I probably won't be drinking since I don't plan on staying just a day trip for me

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No problem Minne.

1of500- I'm gonna spike your cool-aid so bring a pillow. Haha just kidding but Guiness is good stuff.

I wouldn't go too cheap on the beer. We don't want everyone with a draft beer headache on Sat. How about something middle of the road like Amber Boch?

Random: What are the possibilities of getting some forum ride stickers made? I think it'd be really cool to sport one on the ski/ truck/ shop toolbox/ mini fridge (or all of the above) and keep adding stickers when we do a ride like this again.

Back on topic- my beer standards are pretty basic- Bud, Miller, Coors. What can I say.... I'm a cheap college kid!

I'm down for anything beer wise. Would be cool to try a keg of something local to GA. I know we get a few beers on tap here occasionally from down there.

What is everyone planning on wearing in the water? I'm thinking about maybe buying a farmer john style suit plus some booties? I definitely don't want to be cold after 15min

As I said before, I am not coming (20 hours drive...) but I went riding today in conditions that you may experience down south in one month: water temp at 58 and outside temps about the same). From checking your area yearly stats, you may get a bit warmer than that (by a little).

I was wearing an Under Armour coat and pants (doesn't get wet unless you fall off from your ski). I was very comfortable except for my hands (I forgot my gloves on the ATV with trailer) and my feet were a bit cold too (rubber shoes with rounded holes in them). So I would suggest wet suit boots with the above but for the rest, I was OK for a good while (and with your life vest one, it is extra protection against wind). If it is really cold, you can always put on a regular jacket under the Under Armour coat. This will keep you warm. As for the pants, I took them large enough so that I can roll them up if I must put my legs in water.

Season is now over for me. Have a nice trip.

IMG_0702.JPG

Benji.

Random: What are the possibilities of getting some forum ride stickers made? I think it'd be really cool to sport one on the ski/ truck/ shop toolbox/ mini fridge (or all of the above) and keep adding stickers when we do a ride like this again.

Back on topic- my beer standards are pretty basic- Bud, Miller, Coors. What can I say.... I'm a cheap college kid!

My decal guy can print them up if someone wants to design something...

Beer wise...Im partial to the Angry Orchard "Iceman" in the champagne bottle. 10% and smooth as hell.

Nice!!

I just booked cabin #9 for friday and saturday night. I'll bring some stuff to grill and drink on. I like the idea of throwing in on a keg and BBQ one night too! We might need some liquid courage depending on how cold the water is haha

whiskey.... you might want to call about #9,
I had originally booked #20, but when they called to confirm my reservation we spent a couple minutes talking location and at that time she changed me to #9.

Then you posted that you got the same unit...

I finally got around to calling them yesterday and the girl confirmed that i'm booked for #9....

I didn't have your name to 2x check what unit your listed in, so give them a buzz and double check your status and number...

My decal guy can print them up if someone wants to design something...

Beer wise...Im partial to the Angry Orchard "Iceman" in the champagne bottle. 10% and smooth as hell.

You Northerner's and your apple beer. Might as well just man up and get yourself a case of Apple-Rita's. :) Lol.

Good stuff though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back