Members Unite! Central East Coast Ride

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we rent the dock house it includes the use of the dock? And that is out front of the smaller cabins right?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Looks like the also have a court for an evening pick up game. If Krispy isn't out doing donuts.

430.jpg

ya, i'm a little upset that he left out some important details about his scouting trip.

439.jpg

So if we rent the dock house it includes the use of the dock? And that is out front of the smaller cabins right?

The dock house is at point "F" it does include use of the dock it is attached to (at least some of it)

If we rent the cabins at point "C" there is a dock we can use, the lady at the desk said technically there is a daily charge of 8$ to use the dock for each cabin using it, but she seemed to indicate that it isn't really enforced in the off season. YMMV.

As for my scouting trip, yea I took my fun car. My company reimburses me for fuel to a limited amount each month, I have already met my monthly CAP, and the truck fuel tank is on E. Tomorrow is a new month and I can fill everything up on the company dime. Until then the car that gets used is the one with gas in it. In this case the Z06! I am selectively cheap.

We all need to weigh in and figure out who will be bunking with who etc. That will allow those that want a private room to reserve it, likewise those who want to split a cabin can go ahead and make plans to reserve one.

I will be in attendance Friday-Sun but likely staying at my own house.

barring set-backs from the wife when I break the news to her when I get back, you can mark me down for a yes. Sorry I haven't been too active in the thread but once I'm back stateside i'll try and be a bigger voice, I apologize

yea I took my fun car.
Not to get off track but here is my "Fun Car" 87 Monte SS, my wife's 85 Monte SS is in the background.
Thats where my screen name comes from.

440.jpg

441.jpg

Since i put us on the subject of toys.
Not that i really needed it but I went off the deep end last weekend and picked up another money pit.

442.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What are everyone's thoughts on food for the weekend? Not so much as the 'what' but the 'how'? I figured we would eat out (probably at the marina) a time or two, but that still leaves a lot up in the air. I know planning and cooking for a group this size can get difficult, so I personally am a fan of keeping it as simple as possible. I'd MUCH rather spend more time riding/ BSing/ wrenching than worrying about food.

My $.02 here: Breakfast would be done on an individual/ by house basis and possibly lunch as well. Dinner would be as a group either at the marina/ restaurant or something that can be bought/ prepared in large quantities like BBQ, pizza, lasagna, etc. I have a Sams card with plenty of cooler/ truck storage depending on what we decide.

Discuss.

I'm no cook so I'm for ordering pizza. I'll bring myself a jar of beef jerky to gnaw on.

I'm ready to pitch in on whatever you guys want to do though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd really like to attend but still working out how to take a day or two off work with my current load.

Its about a 10 hour drive for me so anyone in Ohio and who is on the fence we could possibly carpool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Glad to hear more of you kicking the idea around. Now is the time to jump on.

As far as wet suits go... I just bundle up in cloths most the time. This is not a wave race lol. I imagine we can go on exploration trips without splashing one another. As long as a cabin cruiser doesn't pass in front of the Westside Powersports boys I think we will be fine. If one does though.... well I think we've all seen the videos.

I'm ready to throw some money at this as well. The company I work for has given me some money to help somewhat sponsor the get together. I might have to hand out a few business cards to justify it haha ! We had to get Nick and Westside Powesports at this get together!!

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

As far as food goes, im good with Pizza or I can bring burgers and hot dogs or something to grill out. I also dig the idea of BBQ

96 XP800!

If we can find a really good BBQ near by we can give them a heads up call then a final order a day or two before and "cater" Saturday night.

Hopefully Krispy can give us the low down on the awesome bfast spots and stuff. I'm a big fan of finding good local MA and pa spots.

I can recommend a real unique dinner spot, but they are closed on Saturday. It is a place called The Cart Barn, serves really nice steaks and seafood. It is also BYOB, so many folks will bring in a small cooler or bottle of wine. It is a little bit fancy but the place itself looks like a dump. Perhaps those who arrive in time could have dinner there on Friday?

As for breakfast, I am afraid I have no great leads, I can recommend McDonalds, Chic-fil-a, or Crackle Barrel .

We do have a good BBQ place called Country's BBQ, I bet we could buy some food in bulk and split it.

How is everyone coming on making room reservations? Did we decide on the cabins at point 'C'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like theres about 20 of the one bedroom lake side cabins left for only $70 a night. I believe those are the ones at location C and they look decent. I'll book mine as soon as everyone confirms the location.

Hahahahaha I'm down for big cabin and lawn mower engines only maybe a Minnie Mouse motor or two

96 XP800!

Now if I could get this kind of support on the thread. Call him out, not for his opinions but his attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back