Members Unite! Central East Coast Ride

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will most likely be bringing 2 skis so an extra is doable. I also have a mobile hot spot so wifi is not an issue.

I can possibly arrange to bring my boat as well. I'm willing to bring food(hamburgers, hot dogs, brats etc..) as well as a keg if people are interested in having a few beers at night

96 XP800!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

All things are sounding good here. I like food and beer. I can check the Verizon access while I am there today, I also have a hotspot with unlimited data I can lend to the cause if needed.

Lagrange is about an hour south, south west of Atlanta.

I will do my best to share some pictures today however it is raining currently so we will see if the weather plays nice.

As far as dropping the water goes, yes they drop the water level during winter, it exposes a bunch of the shoreline, it makes some of the area rocky. Personally I anchor off the beach a bit, or just put it on he trailer at night.

As far as finding out about a group rate I really need to have a good count on how many members we would have, and I figure everyone wouldn't mind sharing cabins (if they have multiple beds etc)

I will look for camp fire locations, perhaps we can have one "nice" cabin to serve as the HQ, and go cheap on the others.

I'll look for the parking situation. I could see this being an issue since we will all have something in tow.

More to follow tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many people are interested in attending. If you are planning on coming please add a post saying that you plan to attend. It would be nice to have an idea on a head count

96 XP800!

I am here, will be attending. Likely staying at my house about 10 mins away.

Ethanol free 90 octane on the relative cheap can be had here:

409.jpg

Other gas stations have regular 93 and one station has ethanol free 93 (but they charge $4.00/gal!-I think it is actually the same 90 everyone else sells)

Matt, I would love to borrow a wet suit, I don't care if is purple and green ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on attending. Staying Friday & Saturday night.
I will need to find a Whale so i have a wet suit.. LOL

man, i'm missing all the fun, i'd suggest keeping an updated thread on head count and who needs lodging accomodations, or whatever else you guys prefer, just to get you started, and people can just add themselves and repost, also it'd be nice to update the original post with the details like time/location/agenda?

1. Matt Braley-Friday and Saturday (I took the liberty of adding you :))
1. Krispy
2. 1of500
3. MC87SS-Friday and Saturday

man, i'm missing all the fun, i'd suggest keeping an updated thread on head count and who needs lodging accomodations, or whatever else you guys prefer, just to get you started, and people can just add themselves and repost, also it'd be nice to update the original post with the details like time/location/agenda?

1. Matt Braley-Friday and Saturday (I took the liberty of adding you :))
1. Krispy
2. 1of500
3. MC87SS-Friday and Saturday
4. AdamA96xp Adam Allen

96 XP800!

I checked the area on Google Maps. Looks so great (West Point Lake?). Never been in Georgia (went to Louisiana however and on the East Coast). Unfortunately, after reviewing planes, trains and automobiles (joking about the trains...), I would have to spend 16 hours out of 60 (if I take Friday off) in US customs, airports, transits and airplanes. There is no direct flight so it's long... And I don't even have a wet suit. And I haven't slept nowhere yet, need to rent a car, and find a ski, pay the gas, eat, etc. etc. I stopped calculation at $1,500.00. You guys have fun, I will stay here quietly in the North freezing my butt off!

You have a great time. Geee, can't wait for my retirement. Six more years I think and I will be done slaving for my clients!

Benji.

Sign me up for the #7 slot, though I'm not sure if im staying or driving back and forth yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Highland Marina Details

I took a trip by the marina today to investigate the cabin situation here is what I found out.

First, this is an overview map of the cabins and key features for us to discuss.

"A" Represents the "Nicest" lodging on site, they are the Lake Point Chalet's they run for $229.95/$259.95 in the off season for the 2BR and 3BR units respectively.

Here is a photo from the water looking back at the units.

They do offer direct access to the water, however it is somewhat difficult to use, boats could be beached or moored just off the "beach" but it isn't exactly easy to stroll down to the water's edge due to a little bluff: This image is at "B"

Parking at these units looks pretty good, however it depends on how many other people are in the surrounding units as to how much space we can use

The next group accommodations are called the Dockside 3BR shown as point "C" on the image. They run for $159.95/night. They seem much older but have better water access.

Pic from the Rear/ Parking

Dock access directly off the back porch

Standing on the dock looking back at the Dockside 3BR (1BR available for $69-$89)

Standing on the dock looking at the marina "D"

Another lodging option is "The Admiral" this is older, about the same age as above but seems to be the most secluded, claimed 6 occupancy. I forgot to mark it on the overview map, but it is almost directly above "G" on the point. It runs for $209.95/night.

It has decent beach access

Here is a panoramic to show the water in reference to the cabin

The final option I found is an interesting one.

It is literally a house built on a dock, it has the bare necessities, doesn't look "nice" but you can literally pull the boats up to the dock and walk inside. Shown on the image as point "F".

Part of the dock leading to the boat house "F"

Ample parking and ramp access, typically used for Bass tournaments. Shown as "E"

Bonus Pictures:

Covered Pavilions

Marina Menu

Verizon 4G LTE speed test (Sorry no ability to check AT&T)

I asked about camp fires, I was instructed that no ground fires were allowed (Per Army Corps of Engineers) however fires can be had in a metal container. I have plenty of wood, but no metal container.

I didn't ask about group rates, as I think we will just fill up 1 or 2 cabins, but if that changes we can inquire.

Finally, we still need to check with the marina itself to verify availability of a given lodging option, however I figure since off season starts Nov 1st we shouldn't have too much trouble.

I was unable to tour any cabins today as the house keeping wasn't available to let me in, however I could make an appointment and tour any that we are interested in if we like.

Here is a link to the website that will show photos and more details if I didn't cover something.

I recommend that we discuss the options above and figure out what everyone feels is best and then have someone make a reservation.

If anyone has questions or if I need to run back by let me know, this is only 10 mins from my house.

-Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to scope it out ! Great job.
Personally i would prefer a single cabin, i am an early bed early rise guy.

Looks great, I like the looks of the 3 cabins at C. Direct access to the docks and you can grill / have a fire right in the middle. I put in to have the days off work so I'm just waiting on approval right now.

What kind of wet suits do u guys have?

Wow Krispy what a super job laying it out! Thanks man we really have the scoop now. They all look like good options to me. I guess my favorite would be the "C" area with the older cabins and 1br options. If we all booked in that area we could get the community thing going(Keg). The place looks right for what we want to do though no matter how we go about it.

I plan on coming either solo or with 1 buddy.
So please add me.
I will either do a 1br option ot a double with my ride buddy

I assume we just all book with a cc.

lol, i meant you guys add your name and update the list, but this event just got real, real....

1. Matt Braley-Friday and Saturday
2. Krispy
3. 1of500
4. MC87SS-Friday and Saturday
5. AdamA96xp
6. Minnetonka4me-Friday and Saturday
7. Minnetonka4me tentative guest-Friday and Saturday
8. dgoodwin10
9. Spimothy Leary-Friday and Saturday
10.Spimothy Leary tentative guest-Friday and Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.